user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account deactivated - Due to False duplication account

by Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9

Hi,
My account has been deactivated due to violation of multiple accounts. But I only have one account. And Amazon is saying the other account, I have never heard of ’ Carat Shop’.
I see many sellers have had the same issue on 23/6/21. It seems a common theme with Germany. We had a hack last year which we eventually resolved due to a hole in Amazon 2 step verification system.

I only sell in UK, I do not sell abroad, I made all the other marketplace inactive after the issue last year.

I see that eveyone is appealing with no response. Amazon should really look into this. I have been with Amazon over 8 years and never had multiple accounts. Can Amazon not see it is effecting peoples livelihood?

Amazon why are you giving the standard reply? Can you not see it is an issue so many sellers getting deactivated over the same issue.

Has anyone had success in appealing?

Tags: Deactivated
125 replies
125 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9’s post

you may want to add this onto the every growing thread of sellers who were hacked and now suspended

user profile
Seller_3ElaNvJRjRDMw

Hi Silver Tool Shop,

I understand your frustration. We are in the same problem. Our account was hacked and then it was deactivated in Dec 2020. We have lost so much business. We are just waiting for someone at amazon to look into our appeal and activate our account.

My advise would be just to wait.

JMS Bridge

user profile
Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9

There is a system breach. It can not be that so many people have had fake accounts created. Obviously something is going on. Amazon needs to recognize it.

user profile
Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9

I sent them bills, bank statement, HMRC letter but still they rejected. What else do they want?
Amazon can you please answer?
There so many people with the same problem. Why is Amazon not looking into this!!!

user profile
Seller_1dUzdXPWBR1kb

Hello @Silver_Tool_Shop,

I understand that your account has been deactivated for related accounts.

There are two options for you to reactivate your account.

1. You need to try to identify the related account and check how it has been created. If you did identify the account then you need to appeal on the related account first and then you need to appeal on your current account for activation.

2. If you believe that there is no other account and not related in any way then you need to provide documentation as evidence to prove that you own only a single account.

Please check with these points and take the appropriate action.

Feel free to post on seller forum platform for more help!

Regards,
Hermione.

user profile
Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9

Hi,
I just received an email stating

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your German VAT identification number or for providing proof that you report your EU Business-to-Consumer cross border sales to Germany through Union One-Stop Shop (“OSS”). We removed the restrictions on your account.

But I have not submitted anything. Also my account is still deactivated in UK. And the europe one I have kept inactive.
Who are they receiving documents from?
What can I do?
Have they messed the accounts up and linked my account with someone I do not even know.

user profile
Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9

Hi,
I just checked and it is only me who can access the account. And nothing has been changed in the 2 step verification. How can someone submit without having access to the account?
Also there seems nothing to be in german area if i go to VAT. But the account seems to be activate for germany but deactivated for all the other countries.

user profile
Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9

Hi,
I tried to remove my FBA stock from Amazon. As my account has been deactivated.
They cancelled my removal request.
I have just been told by Amazon that because my account has been deactivated, I cannot remove my stock from Amazon.
So does that mean Amazon are keeping my stock? Is that not illegal?

user profile
Seller_A8XiulTaVtMY9

I tried to message Amazon but they are replying the same thing, that my account is deactivated. It is like speaking to a robot not human. Really poor service.

user profile
Seller_AKhydBR5kHawU

I am on the same boat that my account suspended on 4th July because linked to an account I never heard of. Also, my account is not hacked as there is 2-way authentication that using phone sms verification.
Only thing I can think is Amazon’s poor AI made another false positive case.

Go to original post