user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon.de account deactivated in error. Linked to an account I have never heard of

by Seller_BX6mpvNtVnsff

Yesterday, I received a notice that my Amazon.de account has been deactivated.

The reason:

further impact to your account.

Why is this happening?

You have a separate account Power *************ive GmbH which was enforced for violating one of our policies. As a result, you may no longer use the Knowing Flame Comics Selling account to sell on Amazon.de.

The problem is that I have had no previous knowledge of Power *************ive GmbH. Amazon have given me just enough information to guess at who they are, but nothing conclusive. I’m not entirely sure why Amazon has linked my account to theirs? I think this is more of a glitch in the system. I think the company I have been linked to is a German one called Power Parts Automotive. After a Google search, the company itself does seem legit. They have a website and there is information to be found in regards to the owners. Everyone is based in Germany. I barely keep in touch with friends that live a few streets away. I have zero connections to anyone in Germany and certainly have never had any business dealings with a company that sells car parts.
I’m a UK based sole trader and I alone work from home; I have no staff. All I list are used graphic novels.

Interestingly, I did find another thread in the seller forums from another seller who had their Amazon.fr account suspended for connections to what looks like the exact same company. Reading this thread is the only reason why I now think the company is Power Parts Automotive, I would have been clueless otherwise.

I’m still waiting on a response to my initial appeal for the account being shut-down in error. Losing the Amazon.de account has no real impact on my business either way. I made all my EU accounts inactive a couple of years ago and only sell on Amazon.co.uk.

The fear now is though that the link between this account I’ve never heard of and my own on Amazon.de will start a chain reaction and I’ll eventually get my uk account deactivated for reasons that are seemingly not my own fault.

I’ll wait for now to see what happens to my appeal. Not sure what do going forward if the inevitable happens and I just get a copy and pasted reply from a bot? I understand that appeals to Amazon generally have to identify what what wrong, how it went wrong and what actions are going to be taken to prevent it from happening in the future. That won’t be so easy, considering I have little idea how they could have linked me to this company in the first place?

The only thing that I can think of that’s happened that wasn’t good in recent years is that at one point I let my eye off the ball and momentarily fell foul of a phishing scam. After this my back-up log-in method showed another authenticator app I had not authorised and an extra phone number in my preferred methods. It took me literally seconds to realise what had happened. I immediately changed my password and deleted the phone number. There was never an option to remove the other authenticator app. I did contact Amazon to explain I had been hacked at the time, they didn’t seem concerned once I told them I had changed my password and removed the offending log-in options. That said, the 2nd authenticator app is still on my account, but the preferred log-in is set to my phone. Surely my phone will always be the first port of call so I would know if somebody else was making log-in requests without my permission? I am the only person who has ever had access to my Amazon account; I’ve never had any other staff.

This is perhaps just me scraping the bottom of the barrel for explanations. If the name of the company is Power Parts Automotive and they are legit, there’s no reason for them to be linking their accounts to a tiny home UK seller like me via fraudulent means.

I’m totally perplexed by the whole thing.

Tags: Deals, International expansion, Search
78 replies
78 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_BX6mpvNtVnsff’s post

as soon as you put that name I thought it recognised it
seems the other person was possibly hacked too

have you tried to appeal ?

user profile
Seller_PUgTge8LPB8FY

Do you a written record of your communication with Amazon about this? I seem to recall a similar case elsewhere, in which the OP was aided by being able to prove that he/she had contacted Amazon about an earlier hack.

user profile
Seller_t9rw5nfD3Fhq7

Exactly same problem, my account has been deactivated at 18/06/2021, all problem comes from third party user permission, in my case prep centre. account still deactivated…

user profile
Seller_t9rw5nfD3Fhq7

In your case could be accountant or virtual assistant you gave user permission. Nightmare mate, so stressed…

user profile
Seller_BX6mpvNtVnsff

I got the dreaded automated bot response asking for more information. The bot was kind enough to give me the detail that my account is linked to a company with initials PP. Still not a lot to go on, but it’s fairly obvious that it’s the same Power Parts Automative Gmbh company that caused problems with the other seller in a previous thread.

The absolutely insane thing is that when I’ve tried to get through to somebody in the Amazon.de account, that option is totally blocked off due to the account being deactivated. Luckily, the Amazon.co.uk help screen allowed me to contact an actual human.

I’ve spoken to someone this morning and explained my problem. Didn’t get any information as to how the account has been linked or even been given the full name of the company. All I know is that the customer service rep has escalated the case further. They sounded relatively confident that my account would be reactivated, but I’m not holding my breath. If it comes back with the same response as the first I’m fairly stuffed. Without any real inclination of how the accounts have been linked, there’s not much I can write an action plan with.

user profile
Seller_GkLJo8TN8NiUL

Hi Knowing flame comics.
I have been accused of exactly the same , and they are saying I am also linked to Power *************ive GmbH.
They have deactivated my account and I have denied any relationship by appeal but they say that is not enough to reinstate my account. I am mortified but having seen that it has happened to you too then this must be a gltch and major error on Amazons part. I do not have any contacts with any other Amazon account and have operated mine for years with no issues. I do not know what to do next as there is no phone number to have a discussion about this. Please let me know what happens to yourself and if you get resolution. My account name is Quistel and my name Tracey Peake

user profile
Seller_gNlsp09FCwJug
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_gNlsp09FCwJug

HI I ALSO HAVE BEEN DE ACTIVATED LINKED TO SAME GERMAN COMPANY NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THEM BEFORE REGARDS MAXELLDE ACTIVATED[quote=“Knowing_Flame_Comics, post:1, topic:442576, full:true”]
Yesterday, I received a notice that my Amazon.de account has been deactivated.

The reason:

further impact to your account.

Why is this happening?

You have a separate account Power *************ive GmbH which was enforced for violating one of our policies. As a result, you may no longer use the Knowing Flame Comics Selling account to sell on Amazon.de.

The problem is that I have had no previous knowledge of Power *************ive GmbH. Amazon have given me just enough information to guess at who they are, but nothing conclusive. I’m not entirely sure why Amazon has linked my account to theirs? I think this is more of a glitch in the system. I think the company I have been linked to is a German one called Power Parts Automotive. After a Google search, the company itself does seem legit. They have a website and there is information to be found in regards to the owners. Everyone is based in Germany. I barely keep in touch with friends that live a few streets away. I have zero connections to anyone in Germany and certainly have never had any business dealings with a company that sells car parts.
I’m a UK based sole trader and I alone work from home; I have no staff. All I list are used graphic novels.

Interestingly, I did find another thread in the seller forums from another seller who had their Amazon.fr account suspended for connections to what looks like the exact same company. Reading this thread is the only reason why I now think the company is Power Parts Automotive, I would have been clueless otherwise.

I’m still waiting on a response to my initial appeal for the account being shut-down in error. Losing the Amazon.de account has no real impact on my business either way. I made all my EU accounts inactive a couple of years ago and only sell on Amazon.co.uk.

The fear now is though that the link between this account I’ve never heard of and my own on Amazon.de will start a chain reaction and I’ll eventually get my uk account deactivated for reasons that are seemingly not my own fault.

I’ll wait for now to see what happens to my appeal. Not sure what do going forward if the inevitable happens and I just get a copy and pasted reply from a bot? I understand that appeals to Amazon generally have to identify what what wrong, how it went wrong and what actions are going to be taken to prevent it from happening in the future. That won’t be so easy, considering I have little idea how they could have linked me to this company in the first place?

The only thing that I can think of that’s happened that wasn’t good in recent years is that at one point I let my eye off the ball and momentarily fell foul of a phishing scam. After this my back-up log-in method showed another authenticator app I had not authorised and an extra phone number in my preferred methods. It took me literally seconds to realise what had happened. I immediately changed my password and deleted the phone number. There was never an option to remove the other authenticator app. I did contact Amazon to explain I had been hacked at the time, they didn’t seem concerned once I told them I had changed my password and removed the offending log-in options. That said, the 2nd authenticator app is still on my account, but the preferred log-in is set to my phone. Surely my phone will always be the first port of call so I would know if somebody else was making log-in requests without my permission? I am the only person who has ever had access to my Amazon account; I’ve never had any other staff.

This is perhaps just me scraping the bottom of the barrel for explanations. If the name of the company is Power Parts Automotive and they are legit, there’s no reason for them to be linking their accounts to a tiny home UK seller like me via fraudulent means.

I’m totally perplexed by the whole thing.
[/quote]

user profile
Seller_mRp0pn1vHlFgq

Good morning y’all.

Same thing here, all my UK and Eu accounts (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands) have been blocked since 23/06/21 because of a link or something with “Power *************ive GmbH” - exactly the same thing. Based in the UK, I’m also selling in the US and Canada which accounts have remained unaffected so far. I’ve already sent two appeals but they were both rejected by Amazon.

I also sent an email to Amazon’s Managing Director on 24/06 but without any response. I am going to try to find any possible Amazon email address and put myself on those lines, including writing old fashion snail mails to their head quarters as needed - signed for.

The next thing I will do is check every similar thread I can put my hands on in this forum connected with this “Power *************ive GmbH” and I will send Amazon a third appeal including all the available data. I will post my updates here. I think there’s already enough material just on this page to file a valid appeal/complain.

I think everybody concerned should do the same.

That kind of situation is obviously stressing for all of us, but I actually find it comforting to have you guys around in the same situation - you or I are not alone!

Keep the faith.

Frank

user profile
Seller_gNlsp09FCwJug

ALSO BEEN DE ACTIVATED strong text

Go to original post