user profile
Sign in
user profile

Huge increase in SNL fees?

by Seller_amUAzjvL5uIzu

Am I reading this right,SNL fee large Letter 225g going from 82p to £1.42 a 73% increase!

Tags: Fees
67 replies
67 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_6sxtIS0RbZ5k7
In reply to: Seller_amUAzjvL5uIzu’s post

Where did you read this, please?

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Yeah you are, thats some increase

user profile
Seller_CTVXol04wk8sr

am i missing something sizes arent changing
Small Envelope
≤ 20 x 15 x 1 cm

Standard Envelope
≤ 33 x 23 x 2.5 cm

Large Envelope
≤ 33 x 23 x 5 cm

Standard Parcel
≤ 45 x 34 x 26 cm

user profile
Seller_JeSBYj1XH8qlB

I am yet again confused…story of life with Amazon currently.

I am currently paying 82p for FBA SNL - when I joined it was only small letter and large letter and we were large letter.

However, looking at the sizes above we would fit into a standard envelope…up to 60g. So we now need to make sure we are categorized correctly to avoid this ridiculous large envelope fee? But how do we make sure of that when it never existed before…

user profile
Seller_JeSBYj1XH8qlB

May have jumped the gun here into panic mode - because of VTR it’s sending me crazy I think and I’m assuming the worst. The notice says :

• We will align the size tiers of the FBA Small and Light programme with the standard FBA programme to ensure we continue to offer lower fulfilment fees on Small and Light selection versus standard FBA fulfilment fees on comparable products. The Small and Light programme is available in Amazon Europe stores in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Spain.

So I am assuming that as long as the dimensions in the listing is correct (worth checking each one individually) the appropriate price will be allocated on the 8th June? It does not mention sizes but I assume @David4 has pulled these from the standard FBA sizes from somewhere? So if very small like us we might be reduced from 82p to 80p as we do fit into these dimensions and weight of standard envelope up to 60g.

Sorry if everybody else already understood that and to the OP apologies if your size only fits into that ridiculous price increase category… that’s an astounding increase.

user profile
Seller_Zm6mSLypM9kp8

Yes, it looks like they are introducing standard FBA size tiers to S&L as well.

Rate card for standard FBA is here: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/G/02/Website/SOA/Website/210329-FBA-Rate-Card-UK.pdf?initialSessionID=261-8584426-4366751&ld=ELUKFBA-sellercentral.amazon.co.uk (linked from https://services.amazon.co.uk/services/fulfilment-by-amazon/pricing.html).

They are also eliminating the package weight (example given here: https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/help.html?itemID=GABBX6GZPA8MSZGW under What impact does the elimination of packaging weight have on the fulfilment fee?), it might work better for some items.

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

We are paying 82p for LL, 100g

user profile
Seller_JeSBYj1XH8qlB

Just to buck the trend I have only had one account manager but I have to say he was very good. Was 2 years back now and had a whole year not 3 months so looks like they changed policies. He really responded to emails and helped us get set up on small and light perfectly.

I used to email him after the year and he politely declined to help ha. Sometimes he would a little. I know he left though - I can’t remember if it was account management or amazon as a whole but he definitely left…

user profile
Seller_TH9DATW06Doc2

is the maximum price of £9 going to change to adapt to this?

user profile
Seller_39tqoBhJXVib0

This will actually be a price reduction for my items. We only have items under 1cm thickness, before we was paying a mix of £0.61 (For a thickness under 0.4cm) and £0.82 (Under 2.4cm thickness). They will all now be under the 1cm thickness which will fit into Small Envelope so they will all be £0.60 so a good result for us!

Go to original post