Its it just me or are you also SUPER QUIET?

hey, is it just me or are you also very quiet ? this is is not usual no sales in 3 hours ? last year 60% up, before KIKI says its suppressed listings due to titel updates, titles are just fine.

Maybe the market has crashed due to brexit?

I think something is amiss. For me, over the last two weeks my sales have dropped enough for me to worry. But what is really baffling is that my impressions have dropped by 80% (despite more spent by me). sales were growing nicely for me until then (I am only 6 months on Amazon).

I have followed Kika’s advice as she is usually correct (I made amendments today). I have emailed seller support and the managing director email address. we’ll see.

What happened is that only recently, Amazon started enforcing their Detail Page Rules, which means that if your listing titles violate the policies in any way, the ASINs will be search-suppressed and basically invisible to buyers unless you have a direct link for them.

Make sure that none of this applies to your listings:

1. The title exceeds 200 characters, including spaces.

2. The title contains promotional phrases, such as “free shipping”, “100% quality guaranteed”.

3. The title contains characters for decoration, such as ~ ! * $ ? _ ~ { } # < > | * ; ^ ¬ ¦

4. The title contains no product-identifying information, such as “hiking boots” or “umbrella”.

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/headlines.html?id=5548436902472086875&ref=nslp_all_14_5548436902472086875_ttl

Here you can learn more:

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/YTR6SYGFA5E3EQC?ref=nslp_at_5548436902472086875_1_YTR6SYGFA5E3EQC

Obviously, with listings being hidden, there will be no sales. So review all your listings to ensure they are compliant.

Hi Kika,

Could you please expand on point 4? I can’t put the name of my product in the title??

Hi Kika

Point 4 the first link says must contain ‘no’ product-identifying information and the second link says must contain product-identifying information.

Clearly the second link is correct and titles must contain product-identifying information

Amazon cofusing again

@Gofile, @rockyrhodes The point 4 is referring to titles that contain no product-identifying information, for example “hiking boots” or “umbrella”.

This is referring to listing titles that look like this:

65353673 XDVL E30 Blue

You wouldn’t believe it, but the Amazon catalogue is flooded with listings like this, which were bulk uploaded using a software and the sellers failed to update the titles to include any descriptive words. That’s why.

look back on the forums, same thing last year. people are only buying what they need, and waiting for prime and black friday to start xmas shopping

we could have some fun with this!
Q. What do you wear on your feet to walk and climb long distances?
A hiking boots

Q. what can you carry and expand to protect you from the elements?
A. a fan or an umbrella!

kika under inventory i have zero suppressed listings? i said zero ! have very few sales is nothing to do with suppressed listings as i don’t have nay suppressed to start with.

Amazon is very quiet but this is not an inventory lesson.

Why wouldn’t they highlight listings that have been suppressed in such a way so that people can change them?

The impact of reduced sale must hurt amazon too? Surely they should encourage people to change titles by pointing out the ones that require it for the sake of their own profit margins.

Sales are very boyant for me,Monday was my best day in 6 years,currently last 7 days is 175% up on same period last year.

I agree with 1000’s of listings, it is difficulty to locate any with issues. A list to show which need alteration would be useful.

Our masters at Amazon state otherwise

" When an ASIN is suppressed from search for any of these reasons, you will be notified on the Manage Inventory page in Seller Central under the Suppressed tab, along with the specific reason for the ASIN’s suppression. You can fix the product title by clicking the Edit button. Once the title is fixed, we will lift the search suppression and the ASIN will appear again on Amazon search."

nothing to do with brexit, i am in the gift industry and as far as i know brexit hasn’t cancelled birthdays, anniversaries, weddings or births as yet but i am still quiet

Where is the Suppressed tap?. Can’t see one in Manage Inventory

Here you can review the “Suppressed” section of your Manage Inventory:

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/inventory?viewId=SUPPRESSED&ref_=myi_ql_vl_fba&tbla_myitable=sort:{"sortOrder"%3A"DESCENDING"%2C"sortedColumnId"%3A"date"};search:;pagination:1;

However, from what I can see in my account, none of my listings with titles not meeting the product title requirements are showing there and there is no such a category present within the feature to display search-suppressed listings due to failure to meet this particular policy.

When you go through your listings and see a title that doesn’t comply with the requirements in any way, you should update it even if you can’t locate it in the “Suppressed” section of your account, as Amazon obviously failed to include them here yet.

strangely i think amazon have played with algorithms… I was quite and had 112 excess stock… (1 ASIN had been a good seller so sent in 45 units and just stopped for 2 months and now after 90days was showing up as excess) I created a promo and sold 1 unit then all 45 dropped out of excess stock as if Amazon “knew” these would sell… I didnt change anything on the listing…but I’ve noticed quite a few asins go from selling lots to nothing and vice versa

I also support the “Amazon playing with the algorithm” theory. For the past two weeks or so, I tend to have one good day of sales, then the very next day sales will drop very steeply. Just when I think I’m done for, sales will pick up again. It’s funny because I’ve also noticed that it seems as though Amazon has set a weekly sales target for me. So if sales are low on the week, I’ll suddenly get a boost to bring the figures up. On the other hand, if I start the week with good sales, as soon as I hit a certain figure, everything slows down to bring the figures in line again. Its quite frustrating because you feel helpless when you know youve done all you can to help drive sales up but nothing changes. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I’m having lots of calls from the advertising department who is encouraging me to spend more on adverts to help drive up sales. Maybe the new algorithms only responds to a certain amount spent on adverts.

Amazon clearly states
“When an ASIN is suppressed from search for any of these reasons, you will be notified on the Manage Inventory page in Seller Central under the Suppressed tab, along with the specific reason for the ASIN’s suppression. You can fix the product title by clicking the Edit button. Once the title is fixed, we will lift the search suppression and the ASIN will appear again on Amazon search.”

From what I can see in my account, the titles that don’t meet the policy aren’t shown there regardless of what the instructions say.

There isn’t even the “Title” category within the Suppressed section where any potential listings violating the policy would be placed: