user profile
Sign in
user profile

Shipping Pallets to Amazon UK via FBA from UK warehouse

by Seller_4bSmlBJVJSiXJ

Hi All,

I have a multipack product, 3 units in one box, total box weight 14.7kg.

1 unit equals one box there are 3 individual units in that box but its is being sold as a multipack and you can ship that box as 1 unit. so in total I have 102 units I want to send (102 boxes of a multipack with 3 units inside)

I have been selling FBM and now want to switch over to FBA.

I realise there is a weight limit of 500kg so I want to send three pallets in. basically 34 box per pallet

I went to shipping in seller central and it did not give me the option to use UPS to send LTL in?

It wasnt even greyed out, it just says other?

Can anyone advise me ?

Am I doing something wrong?

Tags: Seller Central
35 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_4bSmlBJVJSiXJ
In reply to: Seller_4bSmlBJVJSiXJ’s post

Just a quick update, UPS replied back to me with the following:

Good morning,

I am sorry to inform you that due to the unprecedented surge in volume, driven predominantly by Amazon, we cannot take any new business until January 2021.

I am more than happy to assist you in setting up an account for a start 2nd January onwards, till then we have to protect our customer base during this peak period and we cannot make any exceptions.

In order to provide you with a quotation please confirm the following information along with the attached form:-

1. What volumes of pallets will you be sending per week to Amazon on average?
  2. Please confirm that your collection warehouse accommodate a 40’ trailer
  3. Confirm the postcode of your warehouse for collection
  4. Please confirm that you have a fork truck for loading
  5. Do you supply any other retailer listed that you also send pallets to - Argos, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Homebase, Shop Direct, Costco and JLP?
  6. Please return the Account details form attached

Please note that we have a minimum collection of two pallets charge.

Once I have the above information I will forward a quotation to you, and more than happy to discuss your requirements for a start in January 2021.

Thank you.

So they are cheaper then palletline but you need a forklift at collection to load your pallet hence the cheaper price, which is fine by me as I have one. There is a registration process etc which I have signed up too.

Thanks for all the help my issue is resolved now.

Jump to reply
35 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

have you registered for FBA? Did you create a shipment? There are item limits on new to fba products, will it let you send 102 units?

user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq

Hi pallets don’t work the same way as box’s I don’t send pallets so someone who does might be bale to offer some more advice or if anything has changed but usually you would have to book your own courier Palletline is one that seems to get mentioned a lot on here.

I think UPS offer a discount for amazon as well so its worth a call to them too.

For 34 box’s and 3 pallets and weight imagine you will pay around 1
200+vat depending on box sizes it may be just as cheap if not cheaper sending in box’s.

user profile
Seller_4bSmlBJVJSiXJ

1. Delivery service, that’s where you should see the option but theres nothing there
user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

have you checked the prices for sending individually as when i’ve looked its actually cheaper and much easier to send them boxed

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

I am not the only person to mention it on this thread and it was a fair comment to be checked out for someone who is new to FBA, I wasnt claiming to know one way or the other it was a suggestion therefore it wasnt misinformation

user profile
Seller_7dnJeIebvTZnW

I have the exact same problem. I got Amazon notification that partner-carrier UPS can be used for LTL pallets also. I wanted to find the cost but I didn’t get the option just like you mentioned. I actually contacted seller support and they promised to get back to me. Please post here if you find a fix.

user profile
Seller_3h73Wv2FjIws0

Not all sellers are offered LTL with Amazons preffered carrier (UPS) yet.

If you start shipping pallets through your own carrier, then after a while Amazon may offer you this service.

user profile
Seller_I4ArshkoS7Na6

Just as an aside on this subject, we ship pallets in and tried the UPS partnered service. UPS turned up to collect them FOUR DAYS after they were supposed to and from there it too a further NINE DAYS until they landed at Amazon. We’ve gone back to palletonline already.

user profile
Seller_R7hyyvhVdDe2r

We ship in pallets and boxes all the time. We use Palletline as it works out cheaper and you have more control.

Try giving paleltline a call and they will collect when they say they will. In that case you do use ‘other’ and the carrier choice. Then print out the individual box labels and also the pallet labels (3 x 4 labels in your case). Mark as complete as with boxes.

Then when palletline has collected, just add the tracking number into the shipment and mark as ‘shipped’.

Palletline will contact the relevant Amazon warehouse and book in the shipment, so there is nothing more for you to do…apart from wait a while for Amazon to get around to booking the products in.

user profile
Seller_n3kq7gcIclCDM

I tried to start using UPS for LTL shipments to Amazon recently. I got an email after I’d booked it from UPS telling me that since Oct 5th, they’re not onboarding any new customers onto the FBA scheme until after the busy period - whenever that is. This is probably why the option is currently greyed out.

I’ve since been trying to get my shipping fees back from Amazon and am about 15 replies into a case with seller support, I’m still no further on!

Go to original post