user profile
Sign in
user profile

Shipping times have changed from 3 days to 3 WEEKS!

by Seller_Mi6R9tcTOAoU3

Hello

Seller fulfilled and I have my handling time set to 1 working day and this results in 2-3 days delivery time shown to customers. Just had customer message me asking why delivery times soooo long. Checked listing and sure enough it’s advertising 3 week delivery dates!

Has Amazon changed something and if so what options/settings do I need to change to revert delivery dates quoted back to my standard 2-3 days please?

Thank you

Tags: Customer
33 replies
33 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq
In reply to: Seller_Mi6R9tcTOAoU3’s post

Are you using Royal Mail by any chance?

user profile
Seller_wdTnbTcPVdnmw

Hello

We’re having the same problem and this has caused a 50% drop in our sales as customers don’t want to wait this long.

I spoke to a couple of people from Amazon, someone from seller support and someone based at Amazon’s headquarters in London. They both told me that delivery times are adjusted per region so sellers will show a different delivery estimate depending on their locations. Amazon apparently get information about delays from major couriers including Royal Mail. If there are delays at the seller’s local sorting depot delivery times will be increased. This is constantly being reviewed but it’s not clear how often it gets updated.

This is all done to improve the customer’s experience apparently however it has led to massive decrease in our sales volume. We have had to temporarily terminate 4 members of staff as we no longer have work for them. We are based in Yorkshire and we’re currently showing the same delivery estimates as yours 29 June -1 July (today Sunday 14/06)

We had a similar increase in delivery times several weeks ago and it also affected our sales. The increase was temporary and only lasted a couple of days. As soon as delivery times went back to normal, sales picked up again. The current increase has been ongoing for at least 5 days, possibly a week and I hope it goes back to normal ASAP.

user profile
Seller_LPQTXAx3oIrLt

Just checked numerous items and mines currently showing 18-22 June, so all normal here. I’ll keep an eye on it though.

user profile
Seller_wdTnbTcPVdnmw

Just to clarify, they said it was based on the SELLER’s region, not the buyer

user profile
Seller_3u63TG7fpfnG6

yet amazon want me to enroll in SFP and are still bugging me about it i have to promise next day delivery! how is that even possible and how can it ever be cost effective?

user profile
Seller_nT7psArrIHc2I

I just noticed that i am being effected by this too. I was wondering why my sales had completely dried up again these last few days. Now i know why.

user profile
Seller_9gxLEcl5fL4JO

Unfortunately this is a known issue that has been on since March. There are more posts on the forum about this. There was also a seller central ‘News’ Announcement and further info is on their FAQ’s:

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gc/sell-online/covid-19?ref_=NC19HP&ref=nslp_at_2305844804735169795_nslnk_1

The official Amazon response is:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

As per your email, I understand your concern is regarding extended delivery date showing on your orders.

In this regard I would like to inform you that due to COVID-19’s impact on carrier delivery times, we may temporarily increase the standard transit time and thereby extend the delivery promise to our customers.

This will affect only the delivery promises that customers see on the Amazon website and not the handling time in your Seller Central account.

As long as you ship the items by the promised shipped date, your performance metrics will not be impacted.

We have posted answers to your frequently asked questions about Amazon’s policies in response to COVID-19.

This is why one thing is showing on the product page before the customer buys the item and what actually shows in the order details once ordered. It affects different sellers at different rates and there is no fixing it.

user profile
Seller_9JlrpdsQLXGfH

I have been having exactly the same problem for the past two weeks. Have talked to seller support so many times in the last two weeks. They now want me to reupload inventory files which I don’t have.
Did they get your problem fixed or is it still on going?
Thanks

user profile
Seller_Mi6R9tcTOAoU3

Never got it fixed unfortunately so just had to accept it as you just end up going around with seller support with them not really understanding the issue.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post