Sole Trader Nonsense

I’ve already figured out listings and been doing that. It’s the account that’s the problem. Didn’t need to phone HMRC 2 mins on webchat and they are sending it to me and confirmed it in the web chat. I’m wondering if Amazon will accept the printout of the chat as proof of the UTR. Might try to see what happens.

Yes it will if it’s dated within 90 days when you send it.

@HashTagMyShop - To your last reply to myself if you have that attitude in life your business will not go far, I totally agree with you in regards to it can be a pain etc. but the platform can be good businesses have rules and regs for a reason.
You have started the post for advice as your not a fan of what amazon are telling you yet many people are agreeing and saying to crack on and just do it, if your product and price is right it will be worth it for you rather than been stubborn and standing still just deal with it and do it.
We never used to sell on Amazon and have now for around 2 year never looked back - get your paper work sorted and give it ago dont sit around looking for easy ways out at the end of the day its a phone call you will be on hold half hour probably but worth it in long run lol

Sent them a HMRC reminder (dated last week) and my HMRC receipt for submitting my tax return (also dated last week). They didn’t accept either of those. Those are both within the last 90 days. But contacting HMRC to get a piece of paper that has today’s date on it and less information makes all the difference… I don’t think so love. I think they are failing to to follow their own guidance and if that’s the case how can they expect anyone else to follow it. Starting to think the US congress were right to be calling them out now.

A business loan is easier to get, I know that for a fact. No attitude. FACT. I’m asking them for help and they aren’t helping me. They all send the same identical copy and paste response, no individual help. I think that’s disgusting customer service. eBay at least tailor the response to the individual before adding the copy and paste in. No attitude. FACT. The paper is sorted, there is nothing to sort. No attitude. FACT. You don’t need to make a phone or sit on hold anymore - a couple of minutes for a web chat with HMRC and you request anything you want. Again, making the Amazon guidance wrong. My whole point is what they are saying does not match their guidance.

This is what you get for trying to be helpful… Solve your own problem…love…

You seem to have only read one line. Here it is again for you: “Sent them a HMRC reminder (dated last week) and my HMRC receipt for submitting my tax return (also dated last week). They didn’t accept either of those. Those are both within the last 90 days. But contacting HMRC to get a piece of paper that has today’s date on it and less information makes all the difference… I don’t think so love. I think they are failing to to follow their own guidance and if that’s the case how can they expect anyone else to follow it. Starting to think the US congress were right to be calling them out now.”

@DannyKK it’s not multiple choice unfortunately there is only a number of documents they will accept as they have stated to you previously.
This is part of thier due diligence assessment and they need to follow the rules set out to them.

As other people have stated above it is easy enough to obtain the required information, if you chose to do so then I’m sure it will be accepted if you don’t then obviously your account will not move forward it is going to be no real loss or gain to a company the size of Amazon.

I don’t think you understood the meaning in my reply and why you can solve your own problems.

I see your argument re the ‘issued within 90 days’ yet no mention of the 90 day limit in this list, that’s likely because if you are registering as a sole trader now, Amazon will assume you have not already been trading as a sole trader on Amazon, if for example you registered as an individual, so would expect doc’s to be within 90 days (as stated elsewhere in the requirements for businesses.

What if you are not VAT registered, then you can’t comply with this requirement under any timescale, do they wave this requirement, keep demanding it, or accept not every seller is VAT registered, in which case not all on the list can be provided?

Blimey. Every time I read this thread the OP has a new ID

I don’t understand why people come on here and complain about Amazons rules, many members have tried to help including myself and I really don’t get why you won’t send the documentation they are asking for. This issue is a particular easy one to solve and you give the impression you want to fight Amazon over this which you won’t win. If you do start selling on Amazon you are most likely at some point having to have a bigger fight over something.
How are you going to react if you send out an order, signed for and delivered, customer says they didn’t get it, raise an A-Z and Amazon grant the A-Z to the customer. It does seem that this minor small problem is causing you grief and stress, it could get much worse when you start actually selling on here

I restate my good luck wishes from earlier on as you are going to need them FACT

Advise please .I think I have just reached the 15000 mark.and I was sent messages to re verify my business details and given some options. But I still choose individual and submit. Is this ok

Hello all.i got this message and I selected individual. Is it still ok to be an individual after doing over 15000 in sales.and how do I change it to business. I have all my business details to hand

Welcome to Amazon.

They NEVER follow their own rules so you’d better get used to it. Try to imagine the most ridiculous and nonsensical farce you could ever think of and then double it… and when you’ve done that you aren’t even getting close to Amazon land.

You have entered the twilight zone.

I contacted HMRC and it takes two weeks for them to send a new document with current dates on it took them two days to send it to me and this was accepted

I can see your frustrated by their response…this is amazon and this is just how it is.

Whatever you do, don’t take this peeved tone with them, your likely to cause yourself a lot of trouble with them. Bans etc.

Better to remain very business like, calm and short to the point communication is the best way forward.

Hope you get it sorted soon

All you have to do is log in to your self assessment on the HMRC website, go to online chat, and request a copy of the UTR letter. It really isnt much bother than waiting a week or so for it to arrive at your registered address.

As NPB says you CAn ask for a re-issue of the UTR letter. A lot of us had to for the first round of verifications that happened a few years ago.