user profile
Sign in
user profile

Switching Between FBM and FBA

by Seller_2Su3bcJXQR0sO

Hi,

I’m looking to move some of my products that are on FBM to FBA. However, I don’t want to loose sales. I do not want to loose processing time to Amazon warehouse, until it’s ready to sell on FBA.

Can I set to FBA, print barcodes and shipping details. Then re-set back to FBM when the goods are being prepared and transported to FBA?

Thanks

Tags: FBA, Shipping, Warehouse
40 replies
40 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy
In reply to: Seller_2Su3bcJXQR0sO’s post

Just set up two separate listings under the same item, when you set up for listing you can choose the option as shown below:

This will save you flicking back and forth between resetting the listing.

It has worked particularly well for me as people do not have wait for your item to come into stock, they can just purchase straight away and you dispatch whilst Amazon is awaiting stock.

user profile
Seller_7UwhlPBqZY1gU

Hi, I usually put the listing back to - fulfilled by merchant once shipment created. Then I wait till FBA have checked in my stock and switch the listing back to FBA. Haven’t had any problems.

user profile
Seller_5YnUBBEgHZOv5

We do this by having 2 separate listings of the same product -1 for FBA and 1 for FBM. This means that our products are always on sale so, if our FBA stock runs out (for instance, if there’s a booking in delay at the FC or a sudden increase in sales), then the FBM listing is available.

Also, some customers buy the FBM even when there is FBA stock. If the customer only wants to buy a small item and they’re not a Prime customer, it can sometimes be cheaper for them to buy with our shipping than Amazon’s, so we still get FBM orders when the FBA stock is live. We figure that more options for the customer isn’t a bad idea.

user profile
Seller_DM47VrFSTEUTH

We have many products that are both FMB and FBA. Go to your inventory, presson EDIT and choose ‘Add another condition’. It will take you to the page where you set up price and choose option ‘Amazon will dispatch and provide customer service’. Hope this helps.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post