UPS want to charge for collecting FBA collection

Thats what i done, UPS guy was cool about it and ignored it for now

UPS have said to me today ‘Because the packages was an Amazon shipment, please contact them in order to know how you can create a label with the collection charges included.’

Amazon have said ‘I understand your concern is regarding the UPS charges claim. Surely I will help you on this so that we sort this out for you. Currently we are looking into you concern it may take time. We will reach out to you once we are having an update.’

Let’s hope the glitch is fixed soon.

It happened to us as well, we kept all the records of people we spoke to and sent an email with all the information including payment information and all the number connected with the shipment that was meant to get picked up today. We had to re-arrange for Monday because UPS did not have it on their system, funny enough they had the delivery address for the Fulfilment Centre but did not have the collection address or the names of the people they are collecting from. So we just paid again and asked them for a confirmation email to be sent to the business email address. The First Lady we spoke to who arranged the collection said we had to be put through to another department that would handle the receipt and gave us reference number to confirm we had paid the charges. But we got put through to the department it said it was closed.
We then had to phone back and spoke to another lady who confirmed the booking was on the system and gave a collection number. So we sent an email to UPS asking for the reciept and cc’d in Amazon Seller team, now we are just waiting for either of them to get back to us. We will keep you all posted on what happens from here.

Just posted on the other thread -

I’ve sent 3 shipments this week. Wednesday, Thursday and today
All had the new tracking number that require a fee
I’ve booked in all 3 collections under old style tracking numbers
All 3 were collected with no issues and no charge
The one from Wed has been delivered, received and are on their way to fulfilment centres across UK and are already on sale

My shipments are coming out as a mix of both old and new tracking numbers but I’ve now had 5 collections this week using old numbers with no charge and no issues

We had a call from the UPS collection manager. Aside from the fact he was incredibly rude, because we had 1 pickup on Tuesday with the new code (where the driver said to ignore the charge), he has banned collections from us until we pay a £6.25 fee.
We have collections every single working day and now our address is banned because of an unpaid fee. Out of principle I really don’t want to pay it, but not sure I realistically have a choice. Dropping off at a shop for collection at the moment.

Dont have much expectations. They answered me like this: (Which is useless I think)

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I have reviewed your email and understand that you are concerned regarding the UPS extra shipping costs for Shipment ID: FBA15XX0XXXX

I apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Please be informed that after you have completed your Small Parcel Delivery, you need to contact your carrier, UPS, to schedule the pick-up. Alternatively, you can take the package to a local carrier’s pickup centre.

Please be advised also that only the LTL shipments have free pick-ups, not SPDs; that is why they are adding extra charge if you would like to pick up your SPD shipment.

For more information, please see:

Amazon & Partnered Carrier programme – overview and how to get started
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/201119120?locale=en_GB&ref=ag_201119120_cont_home

I understand how important this is for you. However, please be guided accordingly of the above steps and information as a resolution.

Please let us know how we did.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

It wont be different than this believe me:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I have reviewed your email and understand that you are concerned regarding the UPS extra shipping costs for Shipment ID: FBA15FJ2NFHK.

I apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Please be informed that after you have completed your Small Parcel Delivery, you need to contact your carrier, UPS, to schedule the pick-up. Alternatively, you can take the package to a local carrier’s pickup centre.

Please be advised also that only the LTL shipments have free pick-ups, not SPDs; that is why they are adding extra charge if you would like to pick up your SPD shipment.

For more information, please see:

Amazon & Partnered Carrier programme – overview and how to get started
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/201119120?locale=en_GB&ref=ag_201119120_cont_home

I understand how important this is for you. However, please be guided accordingly of the above steps and information as a resolution.

Please let us know how we did.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

we did the same and had our shipments collected without any issues. I’ve booked another collection using old tracking numbers today and waiting for the driver xxx

I’ve used exactly the same old number about 10 times so far, I’m interested to see how many times I can use it. #amazon_are_a_joke

I’ve still got an open Case with Amazon on this since 18th, so 4 days now with no updates. Who knows what’s going on in the background.
I have parcels to send again today, not sure whether to book with old tracking number or put a cash fee down and then not pay, seems either works?

Just book them on with an old number

Try to book with an old number. It has worked for us :muscle:

just like to ask, when you arrange collection with old tracking id, i am assuming you inform them/put info of new shipment details i.e. number of packages, dimensions etc. Does the desceprency cause any issues with shipment in your experience

no - i do it over the phone and i just say the old style tracking number and number of boxes
when they collect they just scan the actual labels - it doesn’t affect the shipment at all

so to confirm you also say the old information regarding number of boxes

no - i say the actually number of boxes so they know what to expect

thanks…so has it been working fine, all your shipments arrived to amazon ok and are you able to track the package on amazon

In our case, even when we had 8 boxes like last week, we’ve only put 1 old tracking number, but with all other informations ‘up to date’ - number of boxes and weights etc so the only thing different is the tracking number you enter, everything else is exact value as you send so driver knows what to expect

yes - all three shipments have sent and been delivered no problem - here’s one from wednesday where i had to arrange with an old number