user profile
Sign in
user profile

Why oh why are Amazon sales diminishing rapidly?

by Seller_XVPKUdMKrsXgq

Been selling toys, games and varied mixture of household items for last 5 years. Always generated at least 7 sales on average every single day. Now down to 1 sale per week. Have checked our account is ok and all our items are listed…over 2509 different lines! What are we doing wrong. Our account has not changed status or changed the items we sell regularly??? Please could anybody shed some light on it…we are despairing with the inactivity.

Tags: Listings
434 replies
434 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BgKbtb0cerTCs
In reply to: Seller_XVPKUdMKrsXgq’s post

I hear you and have no idea what is going on, this has been the worst week by far this year since last Monday

user profile
Seller_GVbNkUK6vWJdk

Agree I am experiencing exactly the same as you.

user profile
Seller_NztioSuqbYjyX

same same over here too

Summer holidays are coming

People are getting away on there hols as its almost june

Most people have a life outside of amazon lol

user profile
Seller_oaI4C01xuvHTf

Same here. From an average of 3-4 sales a day I’m down to one sale every two or three days. And this is specific to Amazon; as a bookdealer I also sell on ABE, and sales there are, if anything, slightly up overall. Have they been playing with their algorithms again?

user profile
Seller_ydNmr07SddYax

Same her down from 200 plus sales a week to approx 50 !
Ebay is doing ok.

user profile
Seller_GQtzqtTNqUx26

I love these discussions. What to do you expect? Number of Amazon sellers is growing rapidly each year, each month. VERY rapidly. The competition is huge. You cannot expect having same sales like a year ago, hell, like a month ago. Adapt.

user profile
Seller_2Ha5RWfyf5NUS

Sales have been dire all week/month. There are a lot of our items that appear not to have the buy box anymore. Items that have in the past been very popular. I do think some customers think the item is not for sale if there is no buy box, that or they can’t be bothered comparing the prices and postage from numerous sellers.

They have also tried pressing us into seller fulfilled prime. I don’t like having Amazon interfere with our account, hence no way would we go FBA. Have previously ordered from Amazon direct, and had another sellers tatty products delivered! I do send them back!

user profile
Seller_XVPKUdMKrsXgq

We are selling everything we have always sold so nothing has been changed. Vintage toys and games which people always buy, we are v competitive on pricing and lowest price on most of our stock. Our motto has always been…if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. It now appears to be broke…the sales that is…we are really unsure as to what to do next…going on holiday is not an option for us.,we need to make work again what has always worked until now!!! We sell on Amazon UK and also Europe and have Never ever experienced zero sales, can’t blame Brexit or holidays approaching or fathers day or any other excuse because looking back on our sales this has never happened in the last 4 years!

user profile
Seller_3u63TG7fpfnG6

i keep saying this they want you to advertise get going you sales will increase

user profile
Seller_y7wlA8Npjq1Or

For me I think eBay are outselling Amazon massively. Perhaps eBay’s advertising has allot to do with it. I also believe because of the Chinese selling allot of substandard goods there is a loss in confidence of online platforms and amazon appears to be taking more of a hit with this than eBay.
But of course this is just one reason

Go to original post