Seller Account
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Discussion Forums » Sell on Amazon » General Selling on Amazon Questions

Thread: How to submit product descriptions containing simple HTML
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02 Feb, 2015 1:06 PM by: J. Boyle and So...
J. Boyle and So...

Posted on: 02 Feb, 2015 11:12 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
i have been trying to list products with basic HTML code using paragraphs, headings and line breaks but i get the error "The Product Description you provided was invalid. Please verify that it does not contain any special characters." anytime i try to list.

Can anyone advise as to where i'm going wrong? Am i missing something?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 1   No
4 Replies
Sort replies by:
Jessica@SellerS...

Posted on: 02 Feb, 2015 11:30 AM   in response to: J. Boyle and So... in response to: J. Boyle and So...
Helpful
Hi,

Thank you for using the Seller Discussion Forums.

You are receiving the error message because our system is not accepting the coding you are entering. It is prohibited to use HTML in product detail pages.

This is noted on the following help page:
Product Detail Page Rules.

I hope this information is of help.

Thanks,

Jessica
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
J. Boyle and So...

Posted on: 02 Feb, 2015 11:37 AM   in response to: Jessica@SellerS... in response to: Jessica@SellerS...  
Thanks for the quick reply but can you advise then what this page is reffering to?

Please see the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3307501

EDIT: We also have competitors using, Bold text and unordered lists in listings.

Like in the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roomline-Inline-Moulding-PVC-Skirting/dp/B00BY493BI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1422876897&sr=8-9&keywords=truly+pvc

Regards

Edited by: J. Boyle and Sons (The Ironmonger) on Feb 2, 2015 11:38 AM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
Jessica@SellerS...

Posted on: 02 Feb, 2015 12:51 PM   in response to: J. Boyle and So... in response to: J. Boyle and So...
Helpful
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry that there is conflicting information. This is an outdated help page and I have submitted a request to have the erroneous information removed. The help page I provided in my first post has the most up-to-date help page.

In relation to the other seller, the detail page was created before these rules were imposed.

If you do try to use HTML coding on product detail pages we cannot guarantee that it will always work. We will also be unable to troubleshoot any HTML issues you may experience on product detail pages. We have found that information does not display correctly on mobile devices if HTML is present.

If there is any change to this rule there will be a notification in your Seller Central Homepage headlines section.

Thanks,

Jessica
J. Boyle and So...

Posted on: 02 Feb, 2015 1:06 PM   in response to: Jessica@SellerS... in response to: Jessica@SellerS...  
Thanks for your help.

I will spend no more time producing elaborate listings.

Cheers, Jessica.