user profile
Sign in
user profile

Device Missing or Stolen? Don't Lose Access to Your Seller Account!

by Sakura_Amazon_

As an Amazon Seller, your account security should be a top priority. Imagine losing access to your Seller Central account because your phone or device was lost or stolen. That could seriously disrupt your business operations.

The good news is, enabling Two-Step Verification (2SV) and setting up backup methods can help prevent this nightmare scenario. 2SV adds an extra layer of security by requiring a one-time code in addition to your password when logging in.

How to access: In Seller Central, click Settings > Login Settings > 2 Step Verification Settings

Here are some tips to secure your account if your primary device is inaccessible:

• Set up a backup verification method. When enabling 2SV, you must provide at least one backup method to receive codes, like an authenticator app, SMS/voice calls to a different number (even a landline). Having multiple backups is even better.
  • Keep your contact information up-to-date. Ensure your backup phone number(s) and email address(s) are current in your Login Settings. This allows Amazon to reach you during the account recovery process, if needed.
  • Know the account recovery process. If locked out of your account due to a lost device, you'll go through Amazon's Account Recovery process to verify your identity and regain access, which can take up to 48 hours.
  • Act quickly if a device is lost/stolen. Contact your carrier immediately to suspend your line and start the recovery process with Amazon right away.

Don't let a lost phone or device become a lost cause for your seller account! Take these proactive steps to add redundancy to your 2SV setup now.

Let me know if you need any other account security tips!

Resources:

Use an authenticator app for Two-Step Verification

Two-step verification FAQ

How to enable Two-Step Verification

Two Step Verification (PDF)

Tags: Quick tips, Tutorials
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Julia_Amzn
In reply to: Sakura_Amazon_’s post

Thank you for this valuable guide @Sakura_Amazon_ 🤩 I really hope I won´t have to use it! 😁

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post