user profile
Sign in
user profile

Deferred Balance - New Horizon?

by Seller_GuToR7y2Kbfqa

discussion. A new Horizon?

With an unblemished account health, we have recently experienced Amazon tinkering with the Deferred Balance.

When asking why, we are given a very long list of things it could be but when ask for specifics, we're told it is not policy to give specifics.

As we all know, the balance that locks on a Sunday never goes up, just down when taking off any advertising/refunds for the week..... for the first time in 7 years, Amazon kept increasing the balance, taking from Deferred for some unknown reason.

Last night we were paid £Xk and the opening balance was £Xk.... this morning all has moved to Deferred and current balance is under £40.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any advise?

In an increasingly challenging market, how can small businesses manage not knowing what will be kept or not, especially when no reasoning is given?

Thank you

Tags: Account Health
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4
In reply to: Seller_GuToR7y2Kbfqa’s post
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

Yes, it will be the DD+7.

I am a VERY small, low volume book seller, but my disbursement this week was the princely sum of £1.97 !!! - with over £90 in reserve. My metrics are all perfect, and I rarely have any charge backs, claims of INR or returns (in fact absolutely none in the past 2 years), yet they still hold on to most of my money, presumably earning interest into their coffers !!!

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

We have never had this in 14 years of trading.

All of sudden, D day plus 7 happened, and we have gone from daily disbursments to what looks like 14 day disbursments.

In addition even though D day plus seven is done our whole profits is being now held under "account level reserve", the amount goes up every day to the full amount.

At this rate, we will be putting Amazon on a permanent holiday soon as we cannot be sending out thousands of pounds of stock and not ever getting paid as thats not sustainable and I am now working for free.

user profile
Seller_2WS12qbLrH6le

Same issue, small business and struggling without access to those funds. Absolutely bizarre action from Amazon.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post