user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_zVTgefJBF9QJv

Will UPS Pick Up Packages from an Unmanned Storage Unit Using a Lock Code? - UK

Hi,

I found a cheap solution to prep packages, using a shipping container, I will lock it with a combination lock. As there is a 4hour time frame in which they will pick up, and I am working 9-5, I wont be there to open the container for them. Could i just give them the code to the lock and tell them to open themselves and pick the boxes up ? Or does this Violate some UPS policy due to liability concerns?

I might just keep the unit open for the day to prevent any problems, bit risky though.

Thanks

2 replies
Tags:Shipping, UPS, Warehouse
2 replies
user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

I would think a better solution would be to rent a self storage unit from a company, easy to google these type of companies.

I rented a storage unit before with the option of receiving deliveries/collections when the staff are there which was 8-5. Might be worth looking into for your business needs.

user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4

Not a definitive answer, but UPS say this when booking a collection:

"Note: Collection times are not guaranteed. Depending on volume, requested time for collection may be delayed. If you can't meet your driver for collection, don't forget to cancel or reschedule "

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_zVTgefJBF9QJv

Hi,

I found a cheap solution to prep packages, using a shipping container, I will lock it with a combination lock. As there is a 4hour time frame in which they will pick up, and I am working 9-5, I wont be there to open the container for them. Could i just give them the code to the lock and tell them to open themselves and pick the boxes up ? Or does this Violate some UPS policy due to liability concerns?

I might just keep the unit open for the day to prevent any problems, bit risky though.

Thanks

2 replies
user profile

by Seller_zVTgefJBF9QJv

Hi,

Thanks

2 replies
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

I would think a better solution would be to rent a self storage unit from a company, easy to google these type of companies.

I rented a storage unit before with the option of receiving deliveries/collections when the staff are there which was 8-5. Might be worth looking into for your business needs.

user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4

"Note: Collection times are not guaranteed. Depending on volume, requested time for collection may be delayed. If you can't meet your driver for collection, don't forget to cancel or reschedule "

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4

user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4