user profile
Sign in
user profile

Preventing Violations on Inactive Amazon Marketplaces: A Seller's Guide

by Sakura_Amazon_
Pinned by community managerpin

Hello Sellers,

I've noticed sellers facing issues on the Seller Forums, receiving violations on marketplaces where they don't actively sell, even with their accounts in Holiday Mode.

As an Amazon seller registered for multiple marketplaces within a region, you may later decide not to actively sell on certain ones. However, neglecting inactive marketplaces can lead to violations and impact your account health.

Here's a checklist to help you manage your account and listings effectively when you don't want to sell on a specific marketplace:

• Put Your Account on Holiday Mode to prevent new orders and pause listings on the inactive marketplace, avoiding potential issues from unfulfilled orders. 📄Enable holiday mode
  • Delete all listings from the inactive marketplace's inventory. Even inactive (out-of-stock) listings can trigger violations affecting your account health, so it's crucial to remove them. 📄How can I delete specific product listings or replace all my listings?
  • Review and remove Build International Listings connections between your default and inactive marketplaces to prevent new listings from being created automatically. 📄 Remove a connection using Build International Listings
  • Regularly monitor the Account Health Dashboard and Performance Notifications for inactive marketplaces to quickly address any potential issues or violations.📄 Account health FAQ

Did you find this content helpful? Share your feedback and suggestions for future topics related to managing your Amazon seller account effectively.

Tags: Holiday
36 replies
36 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9
In reply to: Sakura_Amazon_’s post

Where a listing has been automatically created (often by Amazon when they have tried to populate a new countries catalogue! **) how do we delete the listing on the inactive marketplace without it also deleting the uk listing,

**we had this on amazon.pl where amazon copied our uk catalogue into poland - translated the titles badly set some of the brand names to generic or random values and then flooded us with IP infringements on listings we had never created, never curated on an marketplace profile we did not opt in for (no option to opt out either)

user profile
Seller_FzYxqnSoia90P

There should be a way to deactivate the markets we don't want to sell in, as in my opinion holiday mode should be for short periods.

user profile
Seller_MT8rt0A2OpbCx

Thank you @Sakura_Amazon_

I think it is good that the mods are actively taking note of posts on this forum and putting up advice based on these for those that participate or view. Forewarned is forearmed.

It would be brilliant if the mods could use some of the threads to influence and change Amazon's policies and procedures, making it easier for sellers, less chance of getting scammed, harder to fall foul of the more obscure policies and consequently, with better sellers, not worried about metrics, violations, etc. and more able to focus on selling and providing the best customer service, for the benefit of buyers.

user profile
Seller_KyPZ8FhRtsTto

I've been deactivated for list listing legal products. You say illegal. Removed the products and my whole account is deactivated. Where is my "account manager" - No where to be seen. Get rid of the useless waste of space.

user profile
Seller_xP044DLiavzY6

close listing - or delete listing

user profile
Seller_IIN3x1w8KT2PI

I have never sold outside of the UK website on Amazon. I stopped posting overseas with Brexit as I preferred to use another website (also part of the Amazon group) that would not create VAT problems for me. I signed up for one or two additional market places in order to see whether a route of partnering up with contacts in other markets could be of interest. (using holiday settings to block orders but following updates/new info/policies int his area from Amazon. Since then Amazon have automatically enrolled me for other markets and I have been unable to cancel these (or list new titles without clicking on the 'currency conversion' button).

There seem to be a lot of sellers in this position - must be wasting a lot of space on Amazon servers?

user profile
Seller_9fA2L82vl2c6V

I've attempted to remove all listings multiple times but uploading a blank excel has never worked. I spent about 4 hours one day deleting about 30,000 products I accidently listed by allowing a third party supplier access to my amazon.

Little did I know, that I would have to do this across EVERY international Amazon site. I receive violation emails every day for products I have listed but set to zero. It's utterly ridiculous there's no simple "delete all" button. It took HOURS just to do UK listings.

user profile
Seller_GjKCLR8jSo2vN

Hi,

I have started closing inactive listings. Is that not enough or do they need to be actually deleted?

user profile
Seller_njxK1sLOFaTBp

Would it really be sooo difficult to just provide a "remove this markeplace" button for sellers that don't want to "regularly monitor and keep in compliance" multiple marketplaces that they never asked to be enrolled in and have no intention of using..??

Or even maybe, i dunno, ASK if we even wish to be enrolled before adding them to our accounts?

user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9

I have just received a health warning on Amazon.pl for B00DJYTGVI

due to a food safety issue !

this an XBOX game controller that is not in our uk inventory I think we deleted it from our uk inventory some years ago as part of a tidy up

the listing on Amazon.pl was created by amazon - we did not opt in to this service.

(we only sell on amazon uk)

Go to original post