user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon doesn't remove unfair feedback

by Seller_gEv1wCLlWibuA

One of our customers placed an order with us and requested a cancellation shortly. We cancelled the order 11 days ago, and the customer just left us 1-start seller feedback saying, "Cancelled this order still not received a refund."

Isn't that should be Amazon's responsibility to refund the customer when the order is cancelled? They say that they cannot remove the feedback as it is "a direct reflection of their Amazon shopping experience" and tell us that we should contact the customer even though the contact buyer button is gone!

Tags: Negative reviews, Refunds
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mS10UjVYuuGor
In reply to: Seller_gEv1wCLlWibuA’s post

One of the quirks of the Amazon payment system. The customer doesn't actually pay until the item is dispatched, Amazon only places a hold on the funds. If the order is cancelled before dispatch Amazon doesn't take the money and the hold drops off after a period of time, unfortunately this can be 5-10 working days.

The customer is looking for a refund when they never actually paid for the item in the first place.

user profile
Seller_gEv1wCLlWibuA

Any help?

@Sarah_Amzn @Ezra_Amazon @Maja_Amazon @Julia_Amazon @Winston_Amazon @Ash_AMZ @Simon_Amazon @Julia_Amzn

user profile
Seller_tx93U2wLYO1b7

Truthfully, absolutely nobody looks or trusts Amazon feedback, so please don't worry about it.

You know its unfair, every seller on here knows its unfair...

Myself and every seller on here have seen new listings from a Chinese seller with 20 new same day 5 star reviews. Do you think Amazon know this happens? YES ! Do you think they care ? NO

Its Amazon where the unexplained happens !

user profile
Seller_pZPUigSoKl3Mk

Always you can vote:)

user profile
Seller_Xk5TXnpzM06YC

Same happened to me. Cancelled order on behalf of the customer still customer left e 1 Star feedback with "Haven't received Refund" on my seller feedback.

user profile
Sarah_Amzn

Hello @Seller_gEv1wCLlWibuA,

the feedback should have been removed.

Can you check and confirm?

Kind regards,

Sarah.

user profile
Seller_QDokbHzWM3jpO

No they do not, I had one this week where the customer incorrectly stated that we had sent out the wrong item to her, I opened a case with a screenshot confirming that the correct item had been sent out to her within seconds had an email stating that the feedback stands, surely if you are opening a case, the least that you can expect is that a human looks at it!

user profile
Seller_Fg2fqaWOnEtha

I firmly believe that customers should not be permitted to leave negative feedback for a seller without first contacting them. I have received negative feedback for issues that could have been resolved satisfactorily if I had been informed. Allowing us the opportunity to explain how things work or offering a solution would prevent some of this unfair feedback. Product reviews are a different story though.

user profile
Seller_HU09FGdJ07Hys

When I cancel an order, I send a prepared message, that says:" you will not be charged for this order".

That ls, because I have realized that some customers fear that they will be charged anyway.

Removing a negative feedback has become aa difficult task worth of Hercules, but you may respond, explaining your point of view.

Best luck!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post