user profile
Sign in
user profile

[URGENT] Update your business address to match tax records

by Seller_AeNP16b2BeNI9

I have received an email this morning, with title as per above

"We have noticed a discrepancy between the business address you have provided in Seller Central and the information in the tax records for your VAT Registration Number (VRN)"

I have checked both addresses and they are identical, apart from the way that Amazon chooses to order the business address details which is backwards i.e. country, Post Code, Town, Street.

We have 7 days to correct it, but I have absolutely no idea what I need to correct.

Why would Amazon alert me now about information that was required during verification? Surely it wouldn't have passed that process at the time, now over 2 years ago.

I will try to contact Sales Support, but I'm not confident they will understand.

@Jessica_Amazon_ could you or other moderators point me in the right direction?

I would appreciate any guidance.

Tags: Address, Tax documents
1.9K views
174 replies
174 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_IfSV5eBt32Mxj
In reply to: Seller_AeNP16b2BeNI9’s post

We have just had the same, like you ours is correct, and also the message is not in performance notifications. The email is from .com, im thinking this is maybe from Amazon US, even though we dont have a US account. Also when we go to account info at the top we have:

You currently have limited access to Amazon selling services.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with this tool and are working on resolving this issue. Please try again in 15 minutes.

Very odd

user profile
Seller_pfmAG3Qx211yJ

Just popped on here as I have just received the same email and it all is identical to my VAT cert apart from as you say the way Amazon orders the business details backwards.

Our VAT details were all verified earlier this year after the whole VAT UK business establishment requirements problems so I am very confused too!

user profile
Seller_LwTXNUY9wyKmj

Also just received the same email a few minutes ago.

Both business address options they give us are exactly the same and correctly detail our address. The unclicked address details below it "Registered Business Address". I wonder whether we need to click that but I'm reluctant to do so in case it shuts our account down for some form of additional verification.

@Jessica_Amazon_ please help!

user profile
Seller_wji8wgzhAH8ra

Same issue. Even though it matched, I have tried entering a new address and copied and pasted it from the VAT certificate I have from HMRC and then I got the email again. Sigh. So tiring dealing with these issues that Amazon create for no reason.

user profile
Seller_5eABuaPEcMuug

We've had this too, we went into the record and the one we'd entered put our county in. That was the only difference. Underneath it had the same address but without the county which they highlighted as the business address. If this triggers a new verification again I will be absolutely LIVID

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

I have got this as well so not sure what to change.

Is it an Amazon glitch or is there something that needs to be amended.

Checking the address the only discrepancy I can see is that Amazon have West Midlands in the address but HMRC don't have this. Is it a case of just removing West Midlands from Amazon...I really don't want to change anything until I know what to do.

It has been like this for the last 3 years to be fair so not really sure why anything would be flagged up now.

user profile
Simon_Amazon

Hello Sellers!

Could you kindly double-check whether this communication appears in the Performance Notifications?

Best,

Simon

user profile
Simon_Amazon

I will work on gathering more information and will provide an update as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if anyone receives updates from our Seller Support team, please share them in this thread.

Best,

Simon

user profile
Seller_zRj5T2YHaZlfn

we are VAT exempt but got the email, bizarre

user profile
Seller_AVteysPitiEJq

No updates and I had the same email. I de-registered for VAT in Feb so there's no VAT info on the link they want me to update. The other click, lower down (you will have to change it in your Business and Contact Information) shows my address as correct. Nothing in performance notifications either.

Go to original post