user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyers get rich scheme on Amazon - everyone should know

by Seller_iwJp0LfqVksmO

Amazon is now refunding buyers for items received late whilst allowing them to keep the item. As most items are delivered late, buyers are making a killing. We recently sold an item (£329) which was shipped on time via Amazon shipping but delivered one day late, Two days later the buyer filed an A-Z claim citing the delivery was late. Amazon refunded the buyer and charged our account. Our Safe-T claim was rejected stating the delivery was late.

Believe me, I am not crazy, the customer collected the item and realised 2 days later that the delivery was one day passed the scheduled time and filed a claim. They got the item and a full refund. I will of course fight this case, but in meanwhile guys, let the world know of this Amazon get-rich policy for buyers and plaster it all over social media.

If anyone knows otherwise or has any advice, it will be much appreciated.

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Refunds, SAFE-T
25 replies
25 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM
In reply to: Seller_iwJp0LfqVksmO’s post

”but in meanwhile guys, let the world know of this Amazon get-rich policy for buyers and plaster it all over social media.”

Let me get this right. You want everyone to plaster this all over social media?

Personally I’d rather not. There’s enough scammers in the world already, I don’t wish to tell even more people how easy it is to scam me.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

Only around 1% of my items are delivered late, the rest are delivered on time.

If most of your items are delivered late I would suggest you extend your delivery times so they are not delivered late. This will surely help you avoid A-Z claims?

user profile
Seller_iwJp0LfqVksmO
Show post
Amazon is now refunding buyers for items received late whilst allowing them to keep the item. As most items are delivered late, buyers are making a killing. We recently sold an item (£329) which was shipped on time via Amazon shipping but delivered one day late, Two days later the buyer filed an A-Z claim citing the delivery was late. Amazon refunded the buyer and charged our account. Our Safe-T claim was rejected stating the delivery was late.
user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi All,

"... shipped on time via Amazon shipping but delivered one day late... "

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

I'm sure the OP means "Amazon Buy Shipping"

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW
Show post
via Amazon shipping
user profile
Seller_KM2No8jybV32S

If Amazon issues a refund to the buyer then I would question who ultimately is the seller for legal purposes.

Where am I going with this?

Either the transaction is between the buyer and the 3rd party merchant in which case Amazon has questionable legal rights with respect to refunding buyers for late deliveries out of sellers funds or Amazon takes on responsibility as the seller in which case it is in the position legally to make the refund.

Just because a seller agreement with Amazon might say they can do that doesn't necessarily mean that agreement is compliant with the law.

Consumer rights act would be the first point of reference.

In my (unprofessional) opinion when Amazon act like this they really open themselves up to taking on at least partial liability as the seller as it is massively greying that area when a customer corresponds solely with Amazon and Amazon give a refund without explicit consent from the seller.

user profile
Seller_VHHjXRfBGam7u

This is a vague answer, sorry. Wasn't there an announcment a few months ago about appealing refunds on late orders where customer is refunded but has kept the goods.

Something along the lines of how to appeal an A-Z or create a Safe T claim if the customer has been allowed to keep the goods providing all outbound shipping was on time and can be shown to be? Where it's the Approved courier at fault and not the seller.

Had a look this morning but can't find it - I'm sure it was mentioned in an anouncement or news at some point.

user profile
Seller_voW9gFQs6cI1A

Letter before action to the buyer, if they do not pay for it take them court and they will also be forced to pay for your costs and legal fees

user profile
Seller_12rBoUYg6ztkK

Would you believe that most buyers do not know the product they have been told to keep by customer support is costing a small business money?

Anyway, I've read other post like this where the seller took direct action by sending a warning letter to the buyer explaining the unfair loss and threatening legal proceedings. It worked out for the seller in the end.

user profile
Seller_6eGr2cYMV8mCx

Amazon is refunding my buyers after 60 days when the policy clearly states that the limit is 30 days. If I raise a case with Amazon, then they just send me templated responses and nobody actually investigates the matter.

user profile
Seller_ZV8gmSf7II5m8

I am in the exact same boat one return not returned amazon blames me! Tracking shows nothing and the second was today she opened a-z after tracking showed attempted delivery was on time but the buyer only contacted me the other day 10 days after to say where is it I explained and it arrived yesterday. A-Z granted to them. At least other platforms have the integrity to listen to both sides and accept once in the hands of the courier we sellers have no control.

Amazon has to have the biggest fraudulent activity going

Go to original post