user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Level Reserve - Seller for 10 years

by Seller_viG1fCzOUfi4K

Hello guys,

I noticed ive not been able to do any disbursements for a while, I usually disburse every 2 days or so. Upon checking my account have the "Account Level Reserve " on it now and I dont know why. This has totally changed the way our business can operate, we are an amazon seller business only and holding onto the funds is actually already taking its toll.

I have a perfect amazon UK account, no issues, been a seller for 10 years and not had to deal with this before. Is this something that can be removed?

I contacted seller help and all they said was they cant tell me when it was put on, they cant remove it and they understand how much of a negative effect it will have.

Why do this to sellers who have proven themselves over a long period of time?

The money in the reserve is in a negative, can someone please explain to me how this works as the seller help just wouldn't entertain it.

many thank

Tags: Account Health
1.7K views
31 replies
31 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_cUgV4v1UqhSX8
In reply to: Seller_viG1fCzOUfi4K’s post

We just noticed this too and have the same sounding account history/health as you. Have written to seller help and waiting to hear back so will let you know what they say (as it's often different depending on who you get!)

user profile
Seller_zKEt2RiaID5EU

Hello,

This has been known to be coming for a while now.

The account level reserve started a few years back for new sellers, but they are starting to roll this out to everyone.

It has been postponed twice i think due to issues when it first came out.

But they delayed it so we have ample time to account for the loss of funds for the first month.

I believe they hold your funds from the delivery date + 7 days, this is to account for any refunds... etc needed with the products.

user profile
Seller_2FzVhfGAewLeP

I've been selling on Amazon as long as you. We had many e-mails advising us of this happening. I will credit Amazon with giving good warning.

What I don't agree with is just how much they are keeping in reserve. I sell low value items under£10 and they keep enough to cover hundreds of orders despite getting just a handful of returns each month.

user profile
Seller_QHJyNkagGiCWP

When the emails came out warning us, you could apply to have it put off until Sept 2025, I did this.

user profile
Seller_M60zIHCitX5gq

I don't know if you can do it retrospectively but I was able to apply for and receive an extension to 30th September 2025 by requesting an extension in an email to eu-uk-reserve-policy-extension@amazon.co.uk quoting my Amazon Seller MerchantID.

They took nearly 2 months to respond to me but have now confirmed that the reserve policy implementation will be delayed on my account until the 30th September 2025.

user profile
Seller_gfSH6nNx5ZqUq

I seem to remember the UK Trade and Industry Minister intervened with Etsy when they did something similar a couple of years ago and they had to cut back the amount that was held by a lot. Perhaps it's time to get the Governments help again. I don't see why selllers with proven good records should have earnings held back only to make profits from the interest Amazon will gather from the tens of thousands of pounds they will hold.

user profile
Seller_gAZ1vRi5BgoQR

I did the same as @Crystal_Charmz and emailed eu-uk-reserve-policy-extension@amazon.co.uk, and gave them my Merchant token number.

I gained an extension until September 2025

user profile
Seller_kjXDHcJtTU3MN

If anyone *needs* the disbursement that badly (Amazon usually release the funds after a week), then they're way too underfunded

user profile
Seller_YpGZNzOJC6Bme

They have adjusted our account level reserve a few times now! Sales have been down but our account level reserve has gone up considerably! A bit of a joke if you ask me!

Imagine how much money Amazon are making in interest from holding all this money from sellers! I bet its one of their most profitable incomes!

user profile
Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y

they have been hanging on to my money for a month for about 2 years....Be interesting to know how much that makes them in interest considering the amounts involved overall.

Go to original post