user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA sales very suddenly stopped

by Seller_ZB641GC1rauhn

Hi,

Have been selling on Amazon for circa 6 months. Our product is in stock and had very consistent sales of 3-5 units per day. As most know, weekends, especially Sundays are when the most sales come in. As of Friday evening my sales just completely tanked. I’ve been through every reason I can think of:

-I have 100% of the buy box (only seller of our product)
-We are fully stocked
-No recent bad reviews
-No issues with account, all ratings are at 100%.
-No competitor products massively boosting their listings (as far as I can tell). We are page 1, somewhere in the top 4 positions.

We had one notice on Friday to upload an invoice for a customer, which was actioned within about 20 minutes of the notice, but no other concerns on the account. I wondered if minor concerns cause sales to be temporarily suspended from the back end?

Can anyone suggest any other reasons why this may happen? I think what is scary about this, especially for those that make a full time living on Amazon, is that sales may not be attributed to sellers in a fair way according to an unbiased algorithm that aims to calculate quality and popularity of products, but that sales can be like a tap, that Amazon turn on and off as they wish.

I will also message SS and see if they have any reasons.

Tags: Buy Box, Images, Listings
26 replies
26 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq
In reply to: Seller_ZB641GC1rauhn’s post

Welcome to business competition and demand if there’s nothing restricted on account it will be related to above

user profile
Seller_64jziShTiTjOq

Have you considered that the re-opening of the remaining high street shops has meant that your customers have other sources of supply again, or just other things to spend their time and money on?

Probably a waste of time. They won’t know anything about your business or products, or your sales performance

You might have to consider an alternative sales outlet - “eggs and basket”

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

What’s the item in question and what’s the ASIN?

user profile
Seller_yvjNuhbLzO9WN

It could be that there is a new competitor on the block and is now being favoured by amazon also because they are going heavy on PPC.
Times like this is when you should be in the advertising section planning on how to dominate your niche. Amazon wants PPC money, give it to them.

user profile
Seller_rbLPxwOraKi6W

My advice is to take it on the chin as part and parcel of sales. The last week have been much quieter for many - including me - which is consistent in my view with two things:

1. July and August are generally quieter for me
  2. Lockdown is easing somewhat. If people are spending a bit more on the high street they may be spending a bit less on the computer.

It does happen, these sales decreases, I am afraid. And often for seemingly no reason. However if you have faith in your product, are sensibly priced (which means a lot of things , not ‘being the cheapest’) and are willing to invest time, energy and money into doing what you can to promote and push your products on Amazon, you will see sales being generated again.

I’ve been there. Probably most of us have. It’s not pleasant but it happens and you will learn from it.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

This week has been much quieter for me too but theres loads of sales on the high street, people want to get out from their houses and its a quieter season.

user profile
Seller_oU7wif86TKcmY

I have had the same problems

user profile
Seller_MtGtMsKLBPJCq

Yep we’ve also had this issue

user profile
Seller_bdSdLjti4IugQ

This is when most kids would normally break up from school. So a lot of people had pre booked holidays or are booking last minute deals and will be going away and taking their kids out for the summer. Shops are back open… people want to go out and about… You’ll also find that during lockdown there were huge spikes of sales because people had to buy online and also might have purchased an item earlier then they wanted to or because they had the time, i.e people decorating at home, puzzles, board games… paddling pools… That’s not to say people might have not purchased these items this year but the sales got squashed together. You’ll find it starts to pick up again mid to late August and September/October tend to be ok… I suspect you might see a lot of people doing Christmas shopping very early this year in case of another lockdown if winter becomes a problem. If you head over to the auction website you’ll be shocked by how many people are already stocking up on xmas trees.

user profile
Seller_sINj6g9FeuCHa

I was wondering the same. Just got back in stock this week after some logistics delays. Although, I am ranking high organically and top page via PPC, sales have suddenly dropped in comparison to a few weeks back when everyone was in full lockdown. Even if I compare to last year the same week, I am down 40%. The same applies to my PPC campaigns where both, impressions and clicks are slightly lower than usual. But as other sellers mentioned, the warm weather and the ease of lockdown have a full effect on this.

Go to original post