Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_QLl2T1xUeCE0k

Providing an Invoice (Now that Amazon have removed buyer information)

We have been manually providing invoices to our FBA customers for many years.

Now Amazon have decided to remove the Buyer Name and Shipping Address from the Order Details page.

We are now unable to create invoices for our customers without this information.

We do not wish to use the Amazon VAT Calculation Service or other 3rd party App. What do we do?

52 replies
52 replies
user profile
Seller_KKcTTZzy6Jd6Q

The only orders that don’t display the customer details for us are Pending ones, which never have even for MFN orders.

user profile
Seller_hMBZxXLE8ZIqI

It’s only the name of the buyer that’s hidden not who you are shipping it to. So this only impacts not seeing the name of someone who buys it for someone else.

user profile
Seller_LPftZe6JEJaR0

I am guessing that Amazon turned buyers credentials in Europe due to GDPR pact. We (in Poland) are also suffering the same issue since yesterday :neutral_face:

user profile
Seller_0Amk0hnQkPWMH

I have a scheduled order report which runs daily at 7am. I’m relieved to see that all the details, including full buyer name, are in that spreadsheet, so I can still provide a correct invoice. Give that a go

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8

I have the same issue today. A customer has requested an invoice, but I am unable to see the buyer name, delivery address or billing address on the Order Detail page.

Amazon seem to be simultaneously requiring sellers to provide invoices on demand while making this impossible to do - can anybody shed any light on this?

Edited to add that this refers to FBA orders.

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

Same for me too. I am not required to be VAT registered, and French buyer has asked for an invoice today, for an FBA item and all i can see is the buyers username, postcode, town and country. I guess i will have to contact buyers directly for their business details.

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

So I can now find the information buried in an excel report, what an absolute pain in the bum that is. Thanks Amazon, you are truly Amazing with your unannounced changes.

user profile
Seller_UmiN1IyD9F9EV

Absolute F*** joke Amazon.
All FBA orders have no address details !

Dont want to sign up for auto VAT calculations.

Everything on this platform is design to get you to auto enrol on to some sort of software at extra cost and they still expect us to provide 100% customer service with our hands tied behind our back.

Communications are key to good customer service but you wouldnt think it !

The worlds gone mad!!

user profile
Seller_KQwXr5kY5oIPO

We have had a similar situation, we use Linnworks for our order processing and Amazon orders are shown as redacted information after 14 days, Linnworks Help explained this is due to Amazon having to remove the information to comply with GDPR, We are always have customers request invoices especially near financial end of year for VAT purposes and now we cannot fulfil our legal obligation to provide these.

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8

I only sell using FBA, so it’s fair enough not to allow me access to the name, delivery address and billing address because I am not the one posting the order. However customers are still able to send through an invoice request - is it sufficient to give them a simple receipt which does not include any of that information?

I have tried querying this with seller support, but so far their replies have been gibberish.

user profile
Seller_QLl2T1xUeCE0k

Now Amazon have decided to remove the Buyer Name and Shipping Address from the Order Details page.

We are now unable to create invoices for our customers without this information.

We do not wish to use the Amazon VAT Calculation Service or other 3rd party App. What do we do?

52 replies
user profile

by Seller_QLl2T1xUeCE0k

Tags:Customer
52 replies
52 replies
52 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KKcTTZzy6Jd6Q

The only orders that don’t display the customer details for us are Pending ones, which never have even for MFN orders.

user profile
Seller_hMBZxXLE8ZIqI

It’s only the name of the buyer that’s hidden not who you are shipping it to. So this only impacts not seeing the name of someone who buys it for someone else.

user profile
Seller_LPftZe6JEJaR0

I am guessing that Amazon turned buyers credentials in Europe due to GDPR pact. We (in Poland) are also suffering the same issue since yesterday :neutral_face:

user profile
Seller_0Amk0hnQkPWMH

I have a scheduled order report which runs daily at 7am. I’m relieved to see that all the details, including full buyer name, are in that spreadsheet, so I can still provide a correct invoice. Give that a go

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8

I have the same issue today. A customer has requested an invoice, but I am unable to see the buyer name, delivery address or billing address on the Order Detail page.

Amazon seem to be simultaneously requiring sellers to provide invoices on demand while making this impossible to do - can anybody shed any light on this?

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

Same for me too. I am not required to be VAT registered, and French buyer has asked for an invoice today, for an FBA item and all i can see is the buyers username, postcode, town and country. I guess i will have to contact buyers directly for their business details.

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

So I can now find the information buried in an excel report, what an absolute pain in the bum that is. Thanks Amazon, you are truly Amazing with your unannounced changes.

user profile
Seller_UmiN1IyD9F9EV

Everything on this platform is design to get you to auto enrol on to some sort of software at extra cost and they still expect us to provide 100% customer service with our hands tied behind our back.

The worlds gone mad!!

user profile
Seller_KQwXr5kY5oIPO

We have had a similar situation, we use Linnworks for our order processing and Amazon orders are shown as redacted information after 14 days, Linnworks Help explained this is due to Amazon having to remove the information to comply with GDPR, We are always have customers request invoices especially near financial end of year for VAT purposes and now we cannot fulfil our legal obligation to provide these.

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8

I only sell using FBA, so it’s fair enough not to allow me access to the name, delivery address and billing address because I am not the one posting the order. However customers are still able to send through an invoice request - is it sufficient to give them a simple receipt which does not include any of that information?

I have tried querying this with seller support, but so far their replies have been gibberish.

user profile
Seller_KKcTTZzy6Jd6Q

user profile
Seller_KKcTTZzy6Jd6Q

user profile
Seller_hMBZxXLE8ZIqI

user profile
Seller_hMBZxXLE8ZIqI

user profile
Seller_LPftZe6JEJaR0

user profile
Seller_LPftZe6JEJaR0

user profile
Seller_0Amk0hnQkPWMH

user profile
Seller_0Amk0hnQkPWMH

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

user profile
Seller_P0DFFb2RGfOEI

user profile
Seller_UmiN1IyD9F9EV

The worlds gone mad!!

user profile
Seller_UmiN1IyD9F9EV

The worlds gone mad!!

user profile
Seller_KQwXr5kY5oIPO

user profile
Seller_KQwXr5kY5oIPO

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8

user profile
Seller_uoSVzrgYQxxb8