user profile
Sign in
user profile

Verify Establishment for Value Added Tax (VAT) - Wrong Information Received - Mod Help Needed

by Seller_QuxoryRYBbGoN

My business partners and I would highly appreciate someone from Amazon to really help us here and correct this wrongdoing in Restricting our account for false VAT claims:

Account Health Case ID: 9856291392

In the performance notification on 26 May 2024 12:56 CEST, you wrote us:

"You will need to pay the VAT amount to Amazon for the historical unpaid VAT for the sales of goods delivered to customers in the UK on all sales from 1 January 2021, which fall under the UK VAT on eCommerce legislation. We will send you additional information regarding next steps, including payment options."

However, we had ZERO sales to UK customers long before you approved our new entity in the Republic of Cyprus in July 2023. That means NO Sales = NO VAT to the UK. Also, ZERO FBA inventory is stored in the UK for FBA or ours. So, there is no historical VAT due to UK customers, and we have all the documentation to prove this.

We have contacted twice your Amazon Health Account team, and in both calls, they confirmed that our non-UK establishment is still under investigation.

Secondly, asking us for sensitive data and documents of a company that is not operating this Amazon account anymore (the UK-based business) is not right.

We have already provided more than enough from them that you had on file already, and more from our current EU company.

This means accusing us of unpaid UK VAT for selling activity that is not there and EU VAT for an EU company that sells to EU customers. It simply does not make ANY sense, legally, tax-wise, and more.

Can one of the Amazon managers please help review my submission? I have had no response for many working days and the cashflow issue keeps growing, plus the huge impact in our sales.

We have provided all the documentation requested to prove all the above and more.

Thank you!

@Sarah_Amzn @Jessica_Amazon_ @Julia_Amazon @Seller_VJ4XoAkjDpjPH @Winston_Amazon

Tags: Account Health
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_QuxoryRYBbGoN
In reply to: Seller_QuxoryRYBbGoN’s post

The update is that Amazon is now sending us notification to pay the EU VAT we have already paid again. We have an EU company that pays the EU VAT directly to the EU VAT authorities.

So, the Amazon notification to pay the VAT again does not make sense.

Case ID 9864317552

Can you please review what is happening and why Amazon is not seeing our company as an EU entity?

@Sarah_Amzn @Jessica_Amazon_ @Julia_Amazon @Seller_VJ4XoAkjDpjPH @Winston_Amazon

user profile
Seller_QuxoryRYBbGoN

Can someone from Amazon really escalate this crucial issue? Amazon's is killing our sales, and holding us liable for VAT already paid! It does not make any sense.

We contact daily the Health Account department to prove that we are an EU company, not a UK one, and that we paid our VAT directly to the EU TAX authorities like all EU businesses that sell in the EU do.

For three weeks now, we have been receiving performance notifications. "We are still reviewing your account. We will send you an email when we finish the review."

Really? Cannot someone simply see our VAT TAX settings and our company's information?

Why such unprofessional behavior from Amazon?

user profile
Sarah_Amzn

Hello @Seller_QuxoryRYBbGoN,

I'm Sarah with Amazon.

I see you have created a new thread regarding this topic. Please let's continue the conversation in the other thread in order to avoid confusion.

I will be closing this thread as a duplicate of user profile

Verify Establishment for Value Added Tax (VAT) - HUGE Delay

Kind regards,

Sarah.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post