user profile
Sign in
user profile

W8- TAX FORM REQUEST USA - Spoof?

by Seller_bdSdLjti4IugQ

We had two e-mails the past 48 hours saying we have to complete a W8 Tax Return for Amazon.com by 28th December 2023 or our account will be locked.. has anyone else had this? We have never traded on Amazon.com and when we attempted to login on the US website it only comes up with our UK account.. I did find a post from a month ago which was the same e-mail and the same date but I wanted to check a the W-8 tax form seems to be a valid reporting form for sellers selling on Amazon in the USA

A new W-8 Tax form is required

Your W-8 form expired on December 28th, 2023. Since your tax form has expired, your selling privileges are suspended until you provide updated tax information.

To complete your tax interview, follow these instructions:

In your Amazon Seller Central account, go to Settings and choose Account

At the bottom of the page, click Tax Information

Click Update Tax Information

Answer all questions to complete the Tax Interview

Provide an e-signature for fastest validation.

You may be required to complete and mail a hard copy form or upload a signed soft copy within the tax dashboard depending on your interview entries or if you do not consent to provide an electronic signature.

NOTE: If you've already provided updated tax information in the last 7 days, no further action is required.

Thank you,

Amazon Tax Team

Tags: Account Health
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_bdSdLjti4IugQ’s post

I remember someone else saying they had received the same email a while ago - I cannot remember the outcome, but it sounds like a scam to me, as it says "Your W-8 form expired on December 28th, 2023." - we've not even reached Dec 28th !!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post