user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer wants full refund afrer opening cream

by Seller_zujMipSnXRpkM

Buyer bought 3 packs of body creams listed as one item. Opened one, had allergic reaction and now wants to send all back for full refund. As i am new in this situation im not sure what exactly should i do. It was sold as FBM. Do i fully refund or partually or do i even accept any returns? Thanks

Tags: ASIN, Buy Box, Fees, Listings, Pricing
31 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK
In reply to: Seller_zujMipSnXRpkM’s post

Provided it’s a standard return, the customer will have already been supplied a prepaid return label (charged to your account) and will be refunded in full when it is first scanned by Royal Mail or Evri. Depending on the return reason, Amazon may deduct the cost of the return label from the refund.

When you get the item back, you can make a safe t claim with amazon if the item is not in a complete condition (which would apply if 1 of 3 bottles was open)

An example of a standard return in Manage Returns looks like the below

Jump to reply
31 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_77IcbQKVGdZo0

You ask them to raise a return request via their Amazon order page. You leave it at that and only refund when you receive the items back.

I don’t think they can really send back an open cream just because they had an allergic reaction. I think you would be in your rights not to refund for the open one.

Is it your own product or is it a branded product? If it is your own product what testing have you done to make sure the product doesn’t cause reactions?

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Did you definitely list on the right listing for the product you sent out? No chance of any different ingredients than listed?

user profile
Seller_GTQV2zDar8YQQ

You refund the customer ,write off the 3 products as defect .
(As you can’t send them to another customer for health & Hygiene reason )
It happens welcome ,to selling online .
Most sellers add a % for returns loss damages etc to each listing .
Hope that helps

user profile
Seller_WIndmNYDp7rQF

Do you have test certificates to show that the ingredients are safe?

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

On the subject of returns wouldnt cosmetics fall under the following heading:-

Please note that you must return each item in the same condition in which you received it. This means that new items must be returned unused and undamaged . Used items must not have any additional signs of use or damage.

The same exclusions apply to our Returns Guarantee as for the right of withdrawal. The following products thus cannot be returned under the Returns Guarantee (unless defective):

• Products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed by you after delivery, or which are, after delivery, inseparably mixed with other items;
user profile
Seller_sw9b06u9YxArX

Just a pondering, If the refund on first scan means its refunded anyway and you then go through a SafeT claim… is it sometimes better to refund with no return? Does the return count as an account defect? certainly youd be out of pocket return postage and couldnt resell the opened one anyway. I suppose it depends how much the items cost but if theyre not expensive it may be worth refunding just to keep your returns rate and product defects down?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post