Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_6QMhRBWzj5Jrw

My sales are declining, what should I do

I've been down in sales for a while, and I'm expecting half of my revenue this month. I've done what I can, increased the advertising cost of the product, participated in the flash deal, and the result is that the advertising ACOS has increased, but the number of orders has decreased. I'm already overwhelmed, what should I do?

1.2K views
11 replies
Tags:Advertising, Lightning Deals
11 replies
user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

What type of products do you sell?

Are you in a competitive market?

Have you tried coupons/prime exclusive discounts?

user profile
Seller_uP9LqiYV3yKFy

Note your product rankings, if they do down with your sales then something is a miss

If the product rankings dont change then its the whole market that is subdued

September can be a weird month, end of summer, start of autumn, thrown in political reasons like a looming budget at the end of october does create less spending

Retail sales are flat based on the last figures too

user profile
Seller_3OYcS5tDpFVYN

Prime sales are coming up in October....people will be waiting to buy.

Also if your products are in DIY or sports etc the bad weather will affect sales.

Also competitors could have launched similar products at cheaper prices..

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

Its not just you dont worry, overall across the whole marketplace people are seeing a slowdown. Given people cant afford to pay their bills and mortgages are through the roof with interest rates people have scaled back.

Its now a case of batonning the hatches and riding the storm I am afraid. You could throw a lot of money at ads, but people still wont have any money, so more will be spent whilst people browse and wishlist.

Sorry its not better news, but this is the same across online and bricks and mortar

user profile
Seller_K8edOfPu9HEmN

Are you on eBay? Have you a web site? If not why not. Gone are the days where you could keep all your eggs in one basket.

FWIW we've never advertised but between eBay and our web site we more than double Amazon takings.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_6QMhRBWzj5Jrw

I've been down in sales for a while, and I'm expecting half of my revenue this month. I've done what I can, increased the advertising cost of the product, participated in the flash deal, and the result is that the advertising ACOS has increased, but the number of orders has decreased. I'm already overwhelmed, what should I do?

1.2K views
11 replies
user profile

by Seller_6QMhRBWzj5Jrw

1.2K views
11 replies
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

user profile
Seller_uP9LqiYV3yKFy

Note your product rankings, if they do down with your sales then something is a miss

September can be a weird month, end of summer, start of autumn, thrown in political reasons like a looming budget at the end of october does create less spending

user profile
Seller_3OYcS5tDpFVYN

Also if your products are in DIY or sports etc the bad weather will affect sales.

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

Its not just you dont worry, overall across the whole marketplace people are seeing a slowdown. Given people cant afford to pay their bills and mortgages are through the roof with interest rates people have scaled back.

Its now a case of batonning the hatches and riding the storm I am afraid. You could throw a lot of money at ads, but people still wont have any money, so more will be spent whilst people browse and wishlist.

Sorry its not better news, but this is the same across online and bricks and mortar

user profile
Seller_K8edOfPu9HEmN

Are you on eBay? Have you a web site? If not why not. Gone are the days where you could keep all your eggs in one basket.

FWIW we've never advertised but between eBay and our web site we more than double Amazon takings.

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

user profile
Seller_uP9LqiYV3yKFy

user profile
Seller_uP9LqiYV3yKFy

user profile
Seller_3OYcS5tDpFVYN

user profile
Seller_3OYcS5tDpFVYN

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

user profile
Seller_K8edOfPu9HEmN

user profile
Seller_K8edOfPu9HEmN