user profile
Sign in
user profile

letter of authorisation/power of attorney

by Seller_ll4yeab6RRGDD

i am a sole trader and have just started up my business and amazon is asking me to provide an official business that i am the legal representative or beneficial owner, which i dont have, or a power of attorney signed by the beneficial owner confirming i am empowered to act on behalf of the company. im really confused can someone help me please

Tags: Registration, Verification
16 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BAgix2I4wgara
In reply to: Seller_ll4yeab6RRGDD’s post

What they want is a copy of your UTR number.

user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4

Generally they point you in the direction of a template:

What does Amazon Payments UK expect to receive as a “Letter of authorisation” for the primary contact person?

Note that it is necessary to provide this information in order for your account to be eligible for selling on Amazon. We expect to receive a statement like the one below or something comparable:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

+++++++++

[Letterhead of the company]

POWER TO ACT ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY

The undersigned [name of Company here] (herein after, the “Company”), duly represented by (name and function) [add full name and function of the signatory here], confirms that [add full name of the Person of Contact here] is authorised to open a selling on payment account with Amazon Payments UK, accept the User Agreement and other Policies, have access to the selling on Amazon account, and initiate transactions in the name and on behalf of the Company.

Dated this

By:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

user profile
Seller_9fA2L82vl2c6V

I have just received this request from Amazon too. I sent them my recent tax return which is "expired" according to Amazon. And HMRC just don't answer the phone so I'm unable to request a "Confirmation of UTR". What else can I do?

user profile
Seller_tRuvBEHDedp4q

Im quite convinced Amazon expect everyone to be a Limited Company and VAT registered.

Most of the emails/messages/help pages etc seem to centre on that fact so when a sole trader comes along (especially if not VAT registered) the messages they send can be very confusing referring to Company, Owners, Power of attorney etc

As others have said it will be your UTR number they actually want as proof you have registered with HMRC as a sole trader

user profile
Seller_soBD2wwhsVOww

You can,I got one recently for the 4th time.Its whats needed for the POA/Authorisation.Phone HMRC to request one took me 50 min waiting for the answer.

user profile
Seller_tRuvBEHDedp4q
Show post
I dont think you can get another more recent letter.
user profile
Seller_iZL0ysZFrLJmN

As a sole trader myself, when you get the latest copy of your UTR and this sorted. It's important to know to NOT sign up for online documents from HMRC. They will then annually post you your tax payment requests, self assessment statement. I've been asked a couple of times during my selling on Amazon and I can always use these as they have my UTR on them.

From what others have said on this forum previously, if you sign up to online documents and then try to scan them etc. Amazon don't accept them, so getting an actual letter is important for the next time you get randomly asked by Amazon.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post