user profile
Sign in
user profile

Help! ACTION REQUIRED: Updated U.S. Tax Information Required

by Seller_nQWmEccSHRd4d

We only sold on amazon.co.uk and we even do not have an Amazon.com selling account. We only have a Europe account.

We are required to fill US tax information W-8 form.

We don't understand how to fill this information. So? to fill this form, should we register a account of amazon.com firstly?

Below is the e-mail we received.

=======================================================================

A new W-8 Tax form is required

Your W-8 form expired on December 28th, 2023. Since your tax form has expired, your selling privileges are suspended until you provide updated tax information.

To complete your tax interview, follow these instructions:

In your Amazon Seller Central account, go to Settings and choose Account

At the bottom of the page, click Tax Information

Click Update Tax Information

Answer all questions to complete the Tax Interview

Provide an e-signature for fastest validation.

You may be required to complete and mail a hard copy form or upload a signed soft copy within the tax dashboard depending on your interview entries or if you do not consent to provide an electronic signature.

NOTE: If you've already provided updated tax information in the last 7 days, no further action is required.

Thank you,

Amazon Tax Team

Tags: Tax documents
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_nQWmEccSHRd4d’s post

Be wary - are you SURE this really is from Amazon ? It really does not look or sound like a genuine Amazon email, and I would say never click on links in an email. There are many scams around.

For a start it says "Your W-8 form expired on December 28th, 2023" - we're not even there yet !!!!

Any requirements should appear under account health in your seller account.

"....should we register a account of amazon.com firstly?"

NO, why would you do that if you only sell in UK ?

user profile
Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk

I got the same email.

I do have a US Handmade account that I've never used.

But I was wary of the email, so didn't click the link. Just went to where it said - in my US account settings and there was no warnings or messages. But I clicked through the tax info section anyway, just in case. Though as I say, I never used that account in the end, but kept it in case I ever changed my mind.

So I've no idea if it's genuine or not. But yours has the same date info as mine, so I'm guessing not - but the link did seem to go to amazon.com on hovering over.

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

user profile
Seller_nQWmEccSHRd4d
Show post
Your W-8 form expired on December 28th, 2023

So it expired (past tense) on a date that hasn't yet been reached?

Feels fake. Has your account actually been suspended? Can you see this email in your performance notifications?

@Julia_Amazon @Maja_Amazon can one of you check to see if this email is legitimate?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post