Category

Hi

I am a new seller on amazon and i’m finding it difficult to choose categories for my products, for instance I am trying to put key rings on and i’m so used to so many categories to choose from on e bay I can’t find the right category on Amazon?? Any one know how to help me?

Thank you

Rachel

Hi Rachel

Welcome to Amazon!

Looking at various Browse Tree Guides (these are lists of sub-categories where you place items), Keyrings now go in the new Luggage category.

The full path is: Luggage > Wallets & Bag Accessories > Keyrings & Keychains

Although you will find sellers put them in Jewellery, Home and Garden and even Toys!

It might be an idea for you to download the various Browse Tree Guides (BTG), so you can find the right category/sub-category for your items in future. You can download these from Seller help, here: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/1661/ref=ag_1661_cont_1641 (or just search in help for Browse Tree Guides)

Good luck with your sales!
Alison

Edited by: Penelope Pit-Stop on Aug 6, 2013 8:28 AM

Hi Rachel,

I’m new to Amazon as well and recently found out that choosing a category comes in two parts. Firstly choose the main departmemt when starting to build a new item and secondly narrow that down to specific categorys using browse nodes while building the item.

John

closed #4