Now amazon are selling fake counterfeit goods as prime products

UNBELEIVABLE HAVING FILED THE CORRECT INFRINGMENT REPORTS EMAILED AND CONTACTED AMAZON ALL DAY… A SELLER OF FAKE COUNTERFEOT GOODS ON OUR LISTINGS, ( ALL IPO REGISTERED) TRADE MARKED AND EVEN REGISTERED WITH THE POINTLESS AMAZON BRAND REGISTRATION PROGRAMME ( WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT), A SELLERS STOCK WILL HIT FBA ON SUNDAY AND HIT THE MARKET PLACE AS A PRIME PRODUCT, WELL DONE AMAZON FOR ALLOWING THIS, A NEW LOW COUNTERFEIT FAKE PRIME PRODUCTS… IF ANYONE FROM AMAZON IS MONITORING THIS THREAD IT WOULD BE GREAT TO KNOW WHY THIS WAS NOT ACTED ON IMMEDIATLEY… OR IS MY £750,000 WORHT OF SALES NOT ENOUGH TO GET YOUR ATTENTION…
THOUGHTS ANYONE…

To persuade Amazon otherwise is tough even when you are the brand holder. If you challenge the fake stock you (and maybe several other people) will need to make a test purchase first.

i find contacting the seller and asking them to remove listings against our brand by a certain date or we will take legal action works quicker.

Until you provide proof of the item being different or not your brand its literally your word versus theirs.
Always send your item back for a refund afterwards. Take a lot of photographs.

Follow the procedures and amazon often take action. Ignore the procedures and amazon will ignore the shouty person.

I experienced this last year.
I sold a branded product and could tell by the selling prices other sellers, including FBA sellers, were supplying alternative inferior brands.

I emailed each buyer and fair play to them they all admitted to doing this.
I reported it to Amazon, no action was taken.

I emailed Christopher North and he got someone on the case but with little success.
Even though stock was sitting in their own warehouses, they would not take action unless I actually purchased the items and photographed them as evidence.
They did remove some sellers but did not those using FBA.
Absolutely ludicrous.

I was told by Amazon that they had grown to quickly and were struggling to keep pace with their systems.

That excuse is not good enough when EU and UK laws are being broken.

You should tell the seller it’s a fake and ask them for a refund. If they don’t do it straightaway you should file an A-Z for “item not as described”.

It doesn’t make any difference that the goods of the other seller are FBA stock. You still need to make a test purchase, take photos and provide proof they are fakes and then request a refund from the seller along with return address details.

I STRUGGLE TO TYPE, NEVER MIND UPPER AND LOWER CASE, CAN I JUST POINT OUT I HAVE CONTACTED THE SELLER , FURNISHED THEM WITH IPO NUMBERS GIVEN THEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO REMOVE THERE LISTINGS…

However there response was to reduce the price ! All this available to amazon, and I am sure that I really don’t need to test purchase I thought the Uk laws were on my side, I have never had to test purchase before, if that was the case will amazon refund me my purchase costs as it would be expensive over a year to do this

>THOUGHTS ANYONE…

Try upper AND lower case type?

Amazon will need you to supply proof …not just SHOUT A LOT!

Amazon require you to do a test purchase, yes. Otherwise any seller could just shout a lot and get a competitor closed down. Amazon require you to prove your rights have been infringed. It appears the other seller doesn’t care much what you do.

thanks for that I have made a test purchase, guessing I should document and photo the goods, and should i expect a full refund as a buyer ?

they are only selling through FBA so guess I contact amazon directly, ultimately I want there fake goods removed for good…
will amazon be ok with removing the goods even though they are FBA Stock

The solution of Amazon being inactive seems almost too obvious. As previously stated arrange to buy a few, send them back under the 30 day guarantee as “not as described” with the reason that the are inaccurately described because they are obviously counterfeit. Paying for return postage alone should make the vendor sit up and take notice.

I would have thought that plus or minus a couple of A-Zs should keep the product off the site for a few weeks if not indefinitely.

Its a shame though that Amazon isn’t more proactive.

+Even though stock was sitting in their own warehouses, they would not take action unless I actually purchased the items and photographed them as evidence.+

That’s always been a requirement and rightly so, otherwise malicious competitors would do it all the time.

+That excuse is not good enough when EU and UK laws are being broken.+

Unless you can provide proof then no laws are being broken, it’s just your word against theirs.

I fully appreciate and welcome we all need protection from malicious and erroneous actions of buyers and sellers.

Unfortunately action was not always taken even though I followed Amazon’s own procedures and provided proof.

They would not accept a photograph of incorrect FBA product sitting in their warehouse that was provided by Amazon Seller Support.

It was a costly effort in time and money both for myself and Amazon.

We have had the same issue and have not been satisfied with Amazon’s response.

Edited by: PatioAwningsUk on Aug 15, 2015 9:54 AM

Amazon aren’t going to get involved in these kind of disputes unless you as a seller provide proof. Amazon procedure is that you make a test purchase and report fakes/counterfeits to them with photographic proof. If it’s an infringement of IPO rights they will treat it differentlt but that involves legal action being threatened by the rights owner.

Get half a dozen friends to order one each and if they are all fakes then all put a complaint in.

From experience it only takes a handful of complaints in a short time for Seller Performance to wade in. They always seem to side with the buyers in the first instance and it will be up to the Seller to prove they are genuine.

Probably a cheaper / faster method than anything else. You could notify Trading Standards as well if these companies are selling forgeries as the real deal.

To be fair you are sounding like a stuck record.

I did ‘test purchases’, nine of them including FBA.
I provided images of product, genuine and those supplied and even of packaging where sellers had placed a fake barcode over the genuine.
They still they allowed FBA sellers to continue selling them.

If Amazon’s systems work fair enough but I have noticed a growing number of Marketplace sellers in a number of product categories supplying goods substantially different to those listed.
Worryingly many are seemingly operating outside of the EU.

You posted back in March that you no longer sold on Amazon. Why the ongoing concern?

Could you please share how you can spot substantially different wares on any given ASIN?